Stock Market

DDOGG

Im trying to get in the stock market idea and by some stocks, does anybody own any stocks or have any ideas about what I should invest in? :huh:

I ahve a friend that was in the Air Force with me and he bought Coor's light and the parent company that makes Marlboro's. He has gotten a dividend check every year. The stock has never went down on him.

Concidering right now how bad the economy is and unemployment is up what do most people do? They drink and smoke and feel sorry for themselves.

CASH IN on it.

You're venturing into my field now. If you're looking to make money RIGHT NOW, you're going to have to sell short. However, if you're a young guy, you need to be more concerned with funding your 401k/ Roth IRA to the max of your ability (15,500/5000 respectively). Now is the best time in a long while to dollar cost average down your share prices on whatever mutual funds they are offering you. And to be honest, it doesn't matter much which fund you buy, as long as you diversify well.

If I had to pick a single stock to look into, I would tell you Google (GOOG) is cheaper than it has been in over a year, and is a good buy right now if you've got $500 to drop per share.

But if I were you I'd buy for the long term, and bang away at that 401k/ Roth IRA and fully fund them now taking advantage of any company match, if offered.