What if?...

How comfortable would you be if the Bengals selected Kenny Phillips with the first round pick, assuming all of the other preferred players (ellis, gholston, etc) have already been selected?

No problem. Better than a RB, QB, WR, or TE for this team.

How comfortable would you be if the Bengals selected Kenny Phillips with the first round pick, assuming all of the other preferred players (ellis, gholston, etc) have already been selected?

A mixed bag. I'd rather have Ellis, but I like the idea of drafting an elite FS prospect as much as Gholston and might feel even stronger in favor of such a move depending on what happens with Madieu. I just wish I had bothered to watch Philips play more often than I did....or that he had made more of an impact in the games I did watch. For example, the last Miami game I watched was this seasons game against Virginia. Miami gave up more than 40 points and Phillips didn't make a single play worth mentioning in the first half...which is all I bothered to watch.

I like drafting a safty in the middle rounds unless he's a freak of nature. The cerebral and technical aspects are more important at safety than running a 4.3 andf being able to lower your shoulder. Give me the slower guy who can read routes, the offense in general and wrap up the ball carrier over the guy who has big biceps and watches the guy running past him for a TD as he lies sprawled on the ground. The player rather than the "athlete".

Honestly, the Canes D players are living on past glories for the most part, imo. Win a few frickin games by stopping the opponent's O once in a while and then we'll see.

Not that I dislike Phillips. Has more long term potential than ST did, imo. Reads the game better.

All things being equal, I'd prefer Clady. Our OT's are showing wear and tear, and the ONLY place you get an elite OT is in the top ten of the draft.

This guy may not be nimble enough to be a LT, but he will be a star RT for years to come.

the ONLY place you get an elite OT is in the top ten of the draft.

This guy may not be nimble enough to be a LT, but he will be a star RT for years to come.

IMHO Desperate has nailed it. Rebuild the offensive line and the Bengals will be right back in the playoffs. This statement extends to the defensive line as well. :bengal: