Palmer vs. Manning

I don't know guys--the Giants have the most underrated receiving corps in the NFL. Kerry Collins is a suckass--always has been, always will be a suckass. I think they're better off starting Eli.

Eli's going to be lucky too--throwing to Amani Toomer, Ike Hillard, and Jeremy Shockey??? How can you go wrong there???

Now if the Giants can find Eli some protection--it'd be good for the Giants.

When you take a QB as the overall Number One pick in a Draft, it is Very Tempting to make him your starter in his 1st year.

That is what most teams do.

And ML could have done that with Palmer last year.

But he decided, very early on, that Palmer's entire 1st year would be to Watch and Learn.

That was a wise move and it will pay off this year.

Palmer may still make his share of rookie mistakes.

But he will be a lot more "Ready" for the NFL than he would have been last year.

Play Offs in 04...

I posted this same basic thread on the NFL board but since it's on the Bengals board now, I copied my thoughts and questions to this one:

"It will be interesting to see how Tom Coughlin does in NY rebuilding the Giants. I know I was one that was a little sceptical about Marvin Lewis when he took over rather than taking a person with a proven track record with Coughlin. Obviously Lewis was just waiting for the opportunity to shine and he has so far.

I like the parallel between Palmer and Manning being the 1st players taken in the last two drafts too. It doesn't look like Eli will have the luxury of learning from the sideline and having a guy like Kitna to learn from. I don't think the NY press or fans will be as tolerant as us, especially if he struggles.

I don't think the Giants are as bad as the Bengals were when ML took over though. They were in the Super Bowl a few years ago so they do have some talent.

The Bengals will be in NY to play the Giants on December 26. I can't wait."

The Bengals will be in NY to play the Giants on December 26. I can't wait."

Well I hope you have a great time JJakq27!

Take a big flask of hot coffee and a whole heap of sandwiches - you could be in for a long night!! The game is due to be played at PBS.

I hope you're not driving anyone to that particular game !!

The Bengals will be in NY to play the Giants on December 26.  I can't wait."

Take a big flask of hot coffee and a whole heap of sandwiches - you could be in for a long night!! The game is due to be played at PBS.

:o Wow! That could be a drive! :D

The Bengals will be in NY to play the Giants on December 26.  I can't wait."

:o Wow! That could be a drive! :D

I am really the Giants busdriver!

Seriously, I misread the schedule and had it in my head that the Giants game was in NY and the Philly game is at home. My bad...too much Glenlivet will do that to you!

My original thoughts were about the parallels between the two coaches, especially since Lewis was selected over Coughlin and of course the two QBs. We will have a chance to watch Coughlin to see "what might have been" here in Cincinnati. Thankfully we got the right guy. Maybe Mike and Katie aren't as dumb as people think they are.