Mrs. Whiffey

The Brew Man

I forgot to add this too:

Sean Casey's MO is NOT HITTING HOMERS, dude. He's a line drive hitter.

Sean Casey's highest HR Total for a year is 25. There are plenty of shortstops that can do that now.

This is why I argued that the Reds should have traded Casey for some pitching, due to the 1st base position should be a position of power.

Or maybe the Reds should just put Casey on 'Roids. That would work, I think???

Obviously you know little about the Reds and maybe baseball, but I won't go that far yet; I'm sure you'll prove that all by yourself.

Casey is the best player and team mate on the team. He's a club house leader that still produces. Casey is the heart and soul of this team and to deal him away for pitching that wouldn't be there in the first place is absurd.

First base being a power position is overrated considering there's only been one full time first basemen to hit over 30 homeruns on a championship team since McGuire did it in 1989; including Benzinger's 5 and Morris' 7 in 1990.

I forgot to add this too:

Sean Casey's MO is NOT HITTING HOMERS, dude.  He's a line drive hitter.

Sean Casey's highest HR Total for a year is 25.  There are plenty of shortstops that can do that now.

This is why I argued that the Reds should have traded Casey for some pitching, due to the 1st base position should be a position of power.

Or maybe the Reds should just put Casey on 'Roids.  That would work, I think???

Obviously you know little about the Reds and maybe baseball, but I won't go that far yet; I'm sure you'll prove that all by yourself.

Casey is the best player and team mate on the team. He's a club house leader that still produces. Casey is the heart and soul of this team and to deal him away for pitching that wouldn't be there in the first place is absurd.

First base being a power position is overrated considering there's only been one full time first basemen to hit over 30 homeruns on a championship team since McGuire did it in 1989; including Benzinger's 5 and Morris' 7 in 1990.

Sean Casey is the best player on the team??? Isn't that supposed to be Ben Stiffey's job???

And as far as that great clubhouse guy and fan favorite s**t goes for Casey, that s**t's overrated. He should have been great trading material for some starting pitching.

And as far as that great clubhouse guy and fan favorite s**t goes for Casey, that s**t's overrated.

How? He brings the best out of players creating a relaxed atmosphere in the clubhouse, not to mention he puts up solid production numbers (that's more than just homeruns). Then again, we saw what happened when Dillon would bitch. We saw what happened when Pickens bitched; it causes crap in the clubhouse the team does not need. Casey is the exact opposite.

He should have been great trading material for some starting pitching.

Who would have you gotten? Which pitcher, that was decent, would be available on the market for a team that's not in the playoff. We probably could have gotten a 3rd starter, maybe a bad 2nd. That's not worth letting Casey go for.

The problem isn't Casey, that's incredibly naive and a willingness by you to push a point without any logical thought; which most in this forum agree you do constantly. The problem is the Reds continued perception of being a loser and close to setting the benchmark for the small market team. This does not enable the Reds to become a home for quality players, rather we have to develop talent in our farms.

If Casey is great trading material, he must be a great player; then why would you trade him? You don't just say that about anyone trying to pick up some "starting pitching".

Sean Casey is the best player on the team??? Isn't that supposed to be Ben Stiffey's job???

Yes, the best player on the team is "supposed" to be Griffey as you said. But guess what? If you've watch the season so far, which I highly doubt, you'll notice that's not the case.

And as far as that great clubhouse guy and fan favorite s**t goes for Casey, that s**t's overrated.

How? He brings the best out of players creating a relaxed atmosphere in the clubhouse, not to mention he puts up solid production numbers (that's more than just homeruns). Then again, we saw what happened when Dillon would bitch. We saw what happened when Pickens bitched; it causes crap in the clubhouse the team does not need. Casey is the exact opposite.

He should have been great trading material for some starting pitching.

Who would have you gotten? Which pitcher, that was decent, would be available on the market for a team that's not in the playoff. We probably could have gotten a 3rd starter, maybe a bad 2nd. That's not worth letting Casey go for.

The problem isn't Casey, that's incredibly naive and a willingness by you to push a point without any logical thought; which most in this forum agree you do constantly. The problem is the Reds continued perception of being a loser and close to setting the benchmark for the small market team. This does not enable the Reds to become a home for quality players, rather we have to develop talent in our farms.

If Casey is great trading material, he must be a great player; then why would you trade him? You don't just say that about anyone trying to pick up some "starting pitching".

Yes, the best player on the team is "supposed" to be Griffey as you said. But guess what? If you've watch the season so far, which I highly doubt, you'll notice that's not the case.

"How? He brings the best out of players creating a relaxed atmosphere in the clubhouse, not to mention he puts up solid production numbers"

Really??? So who would you rather have--a fan favorite like Casey or Barry Bonds??? You mention Dillon but really football is such a different animal than baseball that it shouldn't be mentioned.

Like I said, that fan favorite s**t is overrated. Ask SF Giant Fans if they like Barry Bonds or not.

"If Casey is great trading material, he must be a great player; then why would you trade him? You don't just say that about anyone trying to pick up some "starting pitching"."

DUH, KIRK!!! You're not going to get a decent pitcher for JUST CASEY (which should tell you something). You put together A PACKAGE TO OFFER for Bartolo Colon. You can't just dangle Casey alone.

"Yes, the best player on the team is "supposed" to be Griffey as you said. But guess what? If you've watch the season so far, which I highly doubt, you'll notice that's not the case."

If Ken Whiffey decides to stay healthy, then he is. And what this flame s**t about me not seeing any games???

Really??? So who would you rather have--a fan favorite like Casey or Barry Bonds??? You mention Dillon but really football is such a different animal than baseball that it shouldn't be mentioned.

At what point in time did I compare the sports? I compared two players. I'm referring to clubhouse mentality and cohesiveness and the destruction brought upon a "cancer" in the locker room. But you didn't see it that way, you try to find holes in my argument, and that's pretty weak.

Like I said, that fan favorite s**t is overrated. Ask SF Giant Fans if they like Barry Bonds or not.

Bonds is horrible in the clubhouse. He has everything individualized and isolated for him. He fights with players in the lockerroom. And now, no one cares to play with him; look at their lineup now as opposed to last year or the year before that. They have little chance at the post-season. What does Bonds provide more than Casey? Individual stats, he has nothing team oriented on his mind and hasn't in years, no matter what he says in mainstream and spun interview programs. That's pretty clear.

If Ken Whiffey decides to stay healthy, then he is. And what this flame s**t about me not seeing any games???

Not sure how staying healthy or not is his choice, but okayyyyyy. He's been working out hard since his first injury and he's just been a victim of bad circumstance.

You may see the games on TV, but I doubt you watch them. You're just the typical fall off the bandwagon fan that never contributes anything of substance to a discussion with some original or actual thought. You find kicks from disagreeing about everything. Not insulting you, just the way you come off to both the Reds and the Bengals. It's unfortunate, but that's just the way you are.

BTW - If you want to use the Quote option, you need to click on the quote button before the statement you want quoted, then click on it again at the end of the statement. On the second Quote, you need to put a / in front of the Q and behind the slash.