Mrs. Whiffey

The Brew Man

Ok, im elated that the man stayed healthy for a whole month. Although last night he tweaked something.... :o

Anyway, hes not hitting. Plain and simple, he is not hitting the ball and not contributing in the lineup. Can we chalk it up to a slow start or is he on the downside of things here? Opinions? RBIs?

Ok, im elated that the man stayed healthy for a whole month. Although last night he tweaked something.... :o

Anyway, hes not hitting. Plain and simple, he is not hitting the ball and not contributing in the lineup. Can we chalk it up to a slow start or is he on the downside of things here? Opinions? RBIs?

I think he's at the beginning of a decrease in production for his career. That doesn't mean he can't be a big time contributor, however, I think recent injuries has made him very hesitant on performing all out like his younger days. I'll support the slow start for now since we have five months left and the Reds offense is still knocking in runs to notice his current struggles.

what team are you watching kirk? We are among the teams that have the lowest runs produced in the majors. And Griffey is playing bad...very bad. How much money would we lose if we cut him, his entire salary...i dont know about the ? allocation in baseball....

what team are you watching kirk? We are among the teams that have the lowest runs produced in the majors.

Actually, this is misinformed. We are 16th in the league. We are better than the Red Sox, Giants (with Barry Bonds) and the YANKEES! That's better than the "lowest runs produced in the majors", wouldn't you agree?

Oh and the Reds get on base better then 23 other teams, ranked 7th in OBP.

HE SHOULD BE DOING THAT ALOT FOR WHAT WE PAY HIM.  ONCE IN A SEASON IS NOT ENOUGH!!!

I agree. I love Grif, he's a great player, a probable HOF when it's said and done. But our team has been horrible since his arrival, that can't be denied.

Well didnt we miss the playoffs by one game the year before he got here?

hes in the top 25 payed prolly but hes in the bottom of the top 500 paid players that play. He has been an extreme disappointment and it would be nice if at least this year he did something to help us.

HE SHOULD BE DOING THAT ALOT FOR WHAT WE PAY HIM.  ONCE IN A SEASON IS NOT ENOUGH!!!

I agree. I love Grif, he's a great player, a probable HOF when it's said and done. But our team has been horrible since his arrival, that can't be denied.

Yea, but the point is no one believed we would have even had a winning record. Real quick, name the starting rotation for that season.

Yea, but the point is no one believed we would have even had a winning record. Real quick, name the starting rotation for that season.

Harnish,Smiley,Burba,umm pete Schreck SP? that is all i remember even if im right?

so how is it his fault our pitching sucks?

also btw 9 million a season is alot of money, but he's not even in the top 10 for most payed MLB players.

You're kidding right??? When we paid Ben Stiffey to come here, we had to put Starting Pitching on the back burner.

And since Carl Lindner learned spending habits (or lackof) from Mike Brown, he depleted the starting pitching staff.

It's sort of like what happened in Texas when they paid Pay-Rod all that money to go there--with the exception of a small-market basis.

Does anybody agree with me that "small-market" is a 4-letter word in baseball, or is it just me???

no it wasnt. He was the best short stop we have ever had, and at the time the best in the NL, and he won the MVP award. How did he not deserve it?

no it wasnt. He was the best short stop we have ever had, and at the time the best in the NL, and he won the MVP award. How did he not deserve it?

um he was the mvp in 1994, not 2000 buddy that's when he signed that contract.

it was a 3 year 27 million dollar deal.

anyways everyone get off griffey's case, how about we talk shot about casey because he's only hit 1 hr.

or maybe we can talk s**t about dunn for taking his avg from 390 to 278 now.

IT's EARLY MAY give junior break.

no it wasnt.  He was the best short stop we have ever had, and at the time the best in the NL, and he won the MVP award.  How did he not deserve it?

um he was the mvp in 1994, not 2000 buddy that's when he signed that contract.

it was a 3 year 27 million dollar deal.

anyways everyone get off griffey's case, how about we talk shot about casey because he's only hit 1 hr.

or maybe we can talk s**t about dunn for taking his avg from 390 to 278 now.

IT's EARLY MAY give junior break.

I'll get off Ben Stiffey's case, when he produces FOR THE REDS for AN ENTIRE YEAR!!!

Also, when a professional athlete admits that he DOESN'T WORK OUT IN THE OFFSEASONS (something he's supposedly paid to do), then he deserves everything he gets.

When Stiffey pulled his hammy, that's called lack of conditioning.

And that--for a professional athlete--is BULLs**t!!!

I forgot to add this too:

Sean Casey's MO is NOT HITTING HOMERS, dude. He's a line drive hitter.

Sean Casey's highest HR Total for a year is 25. There are plenty of shortstops that can do that now.

This is why I argued that the Reds should have traded Casey for some pitching, due to the 1st base position should be a position of power.

Or maybe the Reds should just put Casey on 'Roids. That would work, I think???

I forgot to add this too:

Sean Casey's MO is NOT HITTING HOMERS, dude. He's a line drive hitter.

Sean Casey's highest HR Total for a year is 25. There are plenty of shortstops that can do that now.

This is why I argued that the Reds should have traded Casey for some pitching, due to the 1st base position should be a position of power.

Or maybe the Reds should just put Casey on 'Roids. That would work, I think???

Hmmm. since 2000, all of 6 SS have hit 25 or more HRs.

All of 8 shortstops have hit 20 or more HRs.

Rich Aurilla

Jose Hernandez and Alex Gonzalez were the only 3 from the NL.