I went looking for a Reds forum...

ArmyBengal

In my attempts to find a Reds forum comparable to "THE" Bengalszone.com, I ran into a site named ---> Redszone.com

At first I thought this should be a pretty good site with a similar name, but when I got into it, they separate the new guys from the guys that have been there for a while and won't allow them to post with each other. You start out in one forum and with enough posts and get this, "reputation" points or some sh*t then "IF" they VOTE you into their super cool group, you can post there. There reasoning was to keep people from coming on there and talking sh*t and having a negative vibe.

Now me personally, I think that is what makes a forum great. A difference of opinion. Not to mention that is what moderators are for. Anyway, besides these assclowns, does anyone know of any "GOOD" reds forums. I like coming here, but it's not quite the same and the forum on Cincinnatireds.com is so unorganized I can't hardly stand it.

If any of you guys belong to redszone.com, I'm sorry, but that place is bullsh*t !!!

WHODEY !!!

In my attempts to find a Reds forum comparable to "THE" Bengalszone.com, I ran into a site named ---> Redszone.com

At first I thought this should be a pretty good site with a similar name, but when I got into it, they separate the new guys from the guys that have been there for a while and won't allow them to post with each other. You start out in one forum and with enough posts and get this, "reputation" points or some sh*t then "IF" they VOTE you into their super cool group, you can post there. There reasoning was to keep people from coming on there and talking sh*t and having a negative vibe.

Now me personally, I think that is what makes a forum great. A difference of opinion. Not to mention that is what moderators are for. Anyway, besides these assclowns, does anyone know of any "GOOD" reds forums. I like coming here, but it's not quite the same and the forum on Cincinnatireds.com is so unorganized I can't hardly stand it.

If any of you guys belong to redszone.com, I'm sorry, but that place is bullsh*t !!!

WHODEY !!!

Oh...ya THINK!?! In my experience Army I find that place is so full of Nazi moderators/admins that even Adolf Hitler himself would feel edgy! I got banned there years ago for ripping one time on the Reds former owner, and the Chaquita Banana King Carl Lindner, and that was it. Eff 'em. Baseball has totally lost it's luster anyway. You have teams like the Yankees and the Reds Sox buying championships year after year, and I fear this is what the NFL is looking at with the Patriots. Just another Evil Empire IMHO. <_<

Honestly I have other aspirations in my search...

You see, when I was a little kid, my father knew most everything about the Reds and the Bengals and him and I would go to the games all the time. I was at the 75 and 76 series at 5 and 6 years old, went to the Bengals first Super Bowl at 10 and many more games between the two all with my Dad. I follow the Bengals pretty closely and for as much as I am a fan of the Reds, I'm not as well versed about the players and goings on with the team.

More to the point, when ArmyBengal Jr. gets older, I would like to have the same impact on him that my father had on me. It's still a part of our father son relationship that I hold dear. When all else between us sucks, we can still talk sports and if I have my way, my son and I will be the same way. Call it one of the many portions of being a Dad that I want to be good at.

WHODEY !!!

Honestly I have other aspirations in my search...

You see, when I was a little kid, my father knew most everything about the Reds and the Bengals and him and I would go to the games all the time. I was at the 75 and 76 series at 5 and 6 years old, went to the Bengals first Super Bowl at 10 and many more games between the two all with my Dad. I follow the Bengals pretty closely and for as much as I am a fan of the Reds, I'm not as well versed about the players and goings on with the team.

More to the point, when ArmyBengal Jr. gets older, I would like to have the same impact on him that my father had on me. It's still a part of our father son relationship that I hold dear. When all else between us sucks, we can still talk sports and if I have my way, my son and I will be the same way. Call it one of the many portions of being a Dad that I want to be good at.

WHODEY !!!

Sounds as if Army Jr. is lucky to have such an involved parent, but I have found that this site is all I need for Reds info, so I cannot help in your search.

Don't get me wrong RBB, this site does pretty well with information. However, I have found by going to the forum on Cincinnatireds.com, that there is a ton of Reds information being discussed the way we discuss the Bengals in depth here. The problem with their site is there is very LITTLE organization and the forum doesn't seem to be a priority to the people who run the overall site. It's not easy to navigate through it at all. That disorganization keeps me from spending much if any time there. I'm looking for something with the Reds content with the ease and organization of this site. What can I say, B24 just runs a tight, organized site !!!

WHODEY !!!

Oh...ya THINK!?! In my experience Army I find that place is so full of Nazi moderators/admins that even Adolf Hitler himself would feel edgy! I got banned there years ago for ripping one time on the Reds former owner, and the Chaquita Banana King Carl Lindner, and that was it. Eff 'em. Baseball has totally lost it's luster anyway. You have teams like the Yankees and the Reds Sox buying championships year after year, and I fear this is what the NFL is looking at with the Patriots. Just another Evil Empire IMHO. <_<

I couldn't agree more with your assessment of their admins/mods or their ridiculous class system. Unfortunately, it's the best game in town. I try to keep the "non-ORG" thread lively. Frankly, the "lesser" thread is more lively at times that the "members-only section.

I am a member over at Redszone, under "howyoufreelin". I don't post over there much because of the inability to post in most of the forums. If anyone finds a better one, please let me know!

• 1 month later...
I am a member over at Redszone, under "howyoufreelin". I don't post over there much because of the inability to post in most of the forums. If anyone finds a better one, please let me know!

I'm the same way; I’ve been a member there for a while, but rarely post.

I've been searching for a good Reds forum for a long time too. I just can't believe that Redszone is the only Reds site out there.

I just can't believe that Redszone is the only Reds site out there.

From what I've seen MLB forums don't drive traffic like NFL forums. All I can suggest is that someone combine the two sport facets of (insert city name here) in a websites name and run with it.

WHODEY !!!

Check this out...

I decided to post your comments on RedsZone to see how they'd respond. Simply put,

You have been banned for the following reason:

The "douche bags" dumped you

Date the ban will be lifted: Never

It fascinates me when someone ends up proving your side of an argument when they're trying to prove you wrong.

I'd rather talk Reds with the non Hitler youth crowd here. Thought you'd be amused.

MY REPLY TO THE REDSZONE MODS:

You know, if you honestly look at my posting in the RedsZone, I have always respected and played by its rules because generally the content, if not the rules, of the forum we're generally worthwhile. I have also honestly and objectively criticized these rules when I thought they were inappropriate, but respected your decisions when they differed from mine. When you changed your rules, I stayed when many didn't.

The rules in the Bengalszone are quite different than here, better in some ways and worse in others. Nothing I said, include some childish name calling, violated their rules; even if they upset your sensibilities. It appears that in the case of RedsZone sticks and stones break your bones, but words (especially calling someone a douche bag) get you banned for life.

Did you ever consider that banning me for life for something I said on another website (that didn't even rate a warning in that venue) might have actually totally validated the arguments ArmyBengal raised? If an honest dissenting opinion that plays by the website rules, whatever they may be, is not welcome here, so be it. If you would reconsider the ban in light of these comments, I would consider returning and continuing to abide by your rules. If not, in the long run, you need me much more than I need you.