Kurt Kittner

skyline

Holy crap! He's a QB!?! I'm thinkin' Kitna's on his way out the door. Why else would we waste our #7 draft pick on one as well as picking up this guy? And I definitely wouldn't be surprised to see Cincy go after that Miami defensive lineman now! If you think about it, he's right up Marvin's alley, so to speak!

Good post sky!! B)

That's a good pickup....Kittner was actually a Falcon. He played pretty bad last year after starting a few games for them...But the whole team did and I don't think it was his fault....I was hoping the Bengals would have drafted him a few years ago...I can't wait to see what Zampese can do with him....damn shame about that 7th round pick....But there's always 8 spots on the practice squad....But here's hoping they don't waste a spot on a QB...

Can't say he's too great of a pickup. With support and in a running offense he'll be good, however you can't ask him to pass for more than 20 yards accurately and I'm being nice w/ just 20 yards, 15 is more like it. His leadership wasn't the bad thing here, its his arm strength and accuracy that got him in trouble.

Kurt Kittner makes Akili Smith look like Warren Moon ! That's how bad he is. To be honest, he may even be worse than that!

C'mon Chris...that's not close to an accurate statement. He was out of his element in Micheal Vick's offense. :blink:

Kurt Kittner makes Akili Smith look like Warren Moon ! That's how bad he is. To be honest, he may even be worse than that!

That's harsh, and wrong....Let's be honest here, his problem was he was drafted by the Falcons, and Dan Reeves couldn't develop a QB if his life depended on it....Elway developed in spite of Reeves, and the best thing to happen to Vick was Reeves getting sacked. Kittner was put in a situation doomed to failure, he was drafted and ignored and then when the time came they threw him into the starting lineup, a lineup that had almost no talent in the passing game, and the team had no defense on top of it all, destined for failure...The Falcons are just lucky that Vick was injured and can blame their abysmal season on the injury, but the real culprit was a horrible offense...And just for the record to our newest member DD25, I am not trying to slight your team, only stating that they had piss poor coaching last year and made the dumbest switch of all time by moving to the 3-4 when they didn't have the players, but Vick is the bomb....but then he's a Hokie so I would say that.

And just for the record to our newest member DD25, I am not trying to slight your team, only stating that they had piss poor coaching last year and made the dumbest switch of all time by moving to the 3-4 when they didn't have the players, but Vick is the bomb....but then he's a Hokie so I would say that.

No offense taken. Every Falcon fan was happy to see Reeves go and you're right, both our QBs got an unfair amount of blame last year. Reeves lost the love for coaching and it was obvious in the playcalling, gameplanning and motivation of the team. However, Kurt Kittner doesn't have great arm strength and accuracy when under pressure which may become a problem in your offense. I do believe that for his youth his leadership is unquestioned and Lewis wont allow the team to give up on him so, in that right, he's better off in his situation with us. Just don't expect for your aerial attack to have any flair (and I know CJ85 is great) when he's QB. Past 15 yards you better hope the ball touches the turf and not into the hands of DBs.

However, Kurt Kittner doesn't have great arm strength and accuracy when under pressure which may become a problem in your offense. I do believe that for his youth his leadership is unquestioned and Lewis wont allow the team to give up on him so, in that right, he's better off in his situation with us. Just don't expect for your aerial attack to have any flair (and I know CJ85 is great) when he's QB. Past 15 yards you better hope the ball touches the turf and not into the hands of DBs.

Well, even if he makes the team he would be damn lucky to ever touch the ball, cause he'd be at best the 3rd QB. But we don't need him to set the world on fire, we've got Palmer for that. Besides, a understrengthed passer put up pretty good numbers with this offense last year....but then Chad Johnson will make about any passer look good, and then give him yards to boot...I mean Kitna can't really throw deep, but CJ led the NFL with catches of more than 40 yards.

but then Chad Johnson will make about any passer look good, and then give him yards to boot

He made Kitna look good last year with all those underthrown balls, thrown while he had to break his stride.....

pardon my ignorance ;)

but, does anybody know why we are getting so much depth at quarterback????

we have 3 people competing for 3rd string?

No spot is safe. Somebody wants to win that 3rd string QB spot, and its gonna be real interesting because

He's gonna have everyone battle it out...thats why I want to see the preseason games...see how these rookies shape up.

YO TERRY get in the game. kitna underthrowing balls? do you understand the QB position? i don't think so. there are several major rules, one of which is; if the receiver is wide open, you under throw him as oppossed to over throwing him. a great receivers job is to read the defense and REACT to the pass. i have seen many under thrown balls caught by great receivers and many under thrown balls intercepted, because the receiver didn't know what the hell was going on. on the other hand .....I HAVE NEVER SEEN A RECEIVER CATCH A BALL THAT WAS OVER THROWN!!!!!!!!!!!! pass judgement on kitna.....fire away.....this is why pdub sucks and is on his way out!!!!!!!!! you'll see

yo terry get in the game