college football overtime

Does anyone feel the ncaa's hyprocacy with overtime in college football? There is no clear cut winner to the season yet each week there must be one. I do not get it. :huh:

Until there is a tournament to decide the championship, I'd like to see overtime removed from college football's highest level. Where's the shame in LSU being 10-0-2? I'm not an lsu fan. If the powers that be want controversy, they'd get a whole lot more this way. (who would be ranked higher a 11-1 team or a 10-0-2 team?)

Bring controversy or give us a tournament. :bengal:

I felt the same way about college overtime, untill recently. It may not be the perfect solution, but it is very interesting and much better than the sudden death OT of the NFL.

I much more prefer the college version of O.T. over sudden death where the game usually comes down to who wins the coin flip.

There is no clear winner determined throughout the season so why have a 'winner' every game?

It would only further cloud the already murky formula the BCS uses to determine their alleged "Champion", which I agree is no champion at all without some kind of playoff/bracket tourney. All I can suggest is shorten the regular college season by two games, (they hardly count after early December when the Bowl picks have been made anyway) and sort it out from there. If it runs past the first week in Janurary, so be it.

Wouldn't it be awesome to have the NFL and NCAA Champions crowned in one weekend!?! Holy F**kin' S**t!! :excited: That would freakin' ROCK! :rockon: College Super Saturday, :football: NFL Super Sunday :player: ...That might as well be a legal 3 day weekend 'cause nobody's going to work Monday!!! :D

College overtime assures a clear-cut winner. It sounds like you are merging college footballs screwed up way of figuring out the championship and their overtime, which are two completely different issues. There needs to be a 8 team tournament at the end and get rid of the huge 5 weeks lay-offs like OSU has to do. The overtime system is perfect how it is and the NFL should adopt the same system because sudden death doesn't make sure the best team wins. WHoever wins the coin toss has a huge advantage. Each team should get a chance.