The new rules will benefit Palmer

I don't know about you guys, but I think the new NFL policy of tightening up coverage rules for defenses is absolutely perfectly timed to benefit Carson Palmers debut as a starting QB in the league! I expect Chad to be wide open even more, along with Peter and Kelley. Combine that with a very potent running attack of Rudi Johnson, Chris Perry, or even Skip Hicks possibly.

IMHO, there will be no more balanced offensive attack in the AFC North than what the Bengals have put together in this offseason!! :player:

Now if only the defense can step up...then look out! No telling how far the Bengals could fare into the playoffs!! B)

well sure it helps palmer. the same way it helps garcia. and the same way it helps every other quarterback and wide receiver in the league.

its a rule, and all teams have to deal with the benefits and the difficulties that go with it. i do think, though, that the new rules make recovery speed a much more valuable asset for safeties and cornerbacks. teams that have speed receivers and dbs that fit this mold will fare better than others.

i do think, though, that the new rules make recovery speed a much more valuable asset for safeties and cornerbacks.  teams that have speed receivers and dbs that fit this mold will fare better than others.

Maybe that's a factor in the decisions Mike, Marvin & company made during the free agent/draft period. Kinda explains Nate Webster, huh? :blink:

I'd say that Marvin and Co have built the defense with players based on the new rules...I mean it's gonna be hard for big DB's to jam recievers like Frazier likes, so they've moved to faster smaller DB's that will play the ball more, and that creates turnovers and I say the team will by near the top in creating turnovers this year....Speed Kills, and by george they have added speed to the defense at nearly ever position.

As for helping Palmer....Marvin has said he wants to go downfield more, so with some fast WR's, and we have those, I expect this offense to be potent :player: :ph34r: :player:

i do think, though, that the new rules make recovery speed a much more valuable asset for safeties and cornerbacks.  teams that have speed receivers and dbs that fit this mold will fare better than others.

Maybe that's a factor in the decisions Mike, Marvin & company made during the free agent/draft period. Kinda explains Nate Webster, huh? :blink:

its all about speed and athleticism on defense. i think that was a pretty strong factor in lewis' decisions.