Receivers on display in Cincinnati

BengalszoneBilly

No wonder the over/under is so high!

Receivers on display in Cincinnati

By Chick Ludwig

Staff Writer

Sunday, November 18, 2007

CINCINNATI — Fans attending Paul Brown Stadium today are in for a treat because the aerial circus is in town.

Quarterbacks Kurt Warner of Arizona and Carson Palmer of Cincinnati will be at the controls in a game that features two of the NFL's best sets of wide receivers.

There's Chad Johnson, T.J. Houshmandzadeh and Chris Henry for the Bengals, and Larry Fitzgerald, Anquan Boldin and Bryant Johnson for the Cardinals.

"Our guys, as competitive as they are, want to be the best trio," Palmer said. "Knowing the pride they have, our guys want to show them up."

Rudi's ready

When Bengals tailback Rudi Johnson gets to the red zone, he usually sees green. "That's money time," he said. "When I get down there, I'm licking my chops."

Trouble is, Johnson hasn't scored a rushing touchdown this year. He's stuck on 45 for his career. And the Bengals are sick of hearing about their 28th-ranked rushing offense.

"We haven't been opening up holes and taking care of business," left tackle Levi Jones said. "We have to get back to that."

Rack 'em up

Kicker Neil Rackers found a home with Arizona after three turbulent seasons in Cincinnati (2000-02).

The Bengals' sixth-round draft pick in 2000 converted only 65.7 of his field-goal attempts (44-of-67) for Cincinnati, and was cut in 2003.

"I lived in his apartment when he moved out of town," Bengals kicker Shayne Graham said. "We've always had a good relationship. When he went to Arizona, things just really had a nice swing for him. It's just a great place to be for a kicker, and he's taken advantage of it."

Rackers' best year was 2005 when he drilled 40-of-42 field goals and was the NFC's kicker in the Pro Bowl. The AFC's Pro Bowl kicker that year? Graham, of course.

Been awhile

This is Arizona's first visit here since Dec. 3, 2000. The home team is 8-0 in the series.

This would be a fun game to go see for this purpose alone. That being said, I hope the defense has a good game plan and can find a way to put some pressure on Warner. Do you hear that Chucky ?? PUT PRESSURE ON THE QB !!! If they can't pressure Warner, I can see this being a long day for the Bengals young secondary !!! Here's to hoping Hall and company come away with more than a couple turnovers and a win today !!!

WHODEY !!!