Dear Reds management....

xjjeep90

Get rid of Brandon Larson. He has got to be the WORST person on the entire Reds staff. Even though they had all of those blown plays against the Brewers, the Reds still had a chance to win the ballgame and this man blew it on a routine groundball to 1st. This man is a cancer on the team and will continue to be until we get rid of him. He doesn't belong in the minors, but he sure as hell isn't any help in the majors.

I just hope Aaron Boone is healthy and the Reds are still in contention at the All-Star Break so that we can get rid of Larson and re-sign Boone.

:angry::angry::angry::angry::angry:

What's your problem with Larson. So what he blew a play, all players do it. He's a good player, but having problems adapting to the big leagues; give him time. GRAVES gave up the home run, not Larson.

BTW - Boone will not be back in Cincinnati. He left on bad terms and has no desire to come back.

What's your problem with Larson. So what he blew a play, all players do it. He's a good player, but having problems adapting to the big leagues; give him time. GRAVES gave up the home run, not Larson.

BTW - Boone will not be back in Cincinnati. He left on bad terms and has no desire to come back.

im trying to be supportive of graves, but he is giving up WAY too many hrs. i dont get to watch the games down in TN...is he just not getting his pitches low enough, or what?

;) I think Larson is a problem. I watched him play at Louisville, and he was not much of a contributor there.

You can blame Graves if you want too. But, 5 errors in one game is the telling story.

2 blunders by Larson, 2 off balance throws by La Rue........on and on.

I dont think Larson has the athletic ability or the mental game together :(

I think Larson is a problem. I watched him play at Louisville, and he was not much of a contributor there.

Huh? In 2002, in 80 games at Louisville, Larson batted .340 with 25 homers and 69 RBIs. In 2003, he batted .323 with 20 homers and 74 RBIs. Sure, his defense needs some work, but how is he not much of a contributor?

You can blame Graves if you want too. But, 5 errors in one game is the telling story.

I disagree. While giving up an error, sure that sucks, but Larson didn't send both runners home. Every infielder gives up a big time error to cost the team a game, still in the history of the game, there hasn't been one to be perfect. Graves still gave up the home run. It's not an excuse for Graves or supporters of him to say, well the game should have been over. He's a closer and needs to buckle down in those situations, that's why he gets paid so much.

I dont think Larson has the athletic ability or the mental game together 

I completely agree with you on his mental game. I think he gets a little too intimidated, thinks about stuff too much. He may get a little tight, who knows. But he really needs to chill out and enjoy the game, maybe Miley should give him some Herbal perscriptions to chill him out.. eh?

im trying to be supportive of graves, but he is giving up WAY too many hrs. i dont get to watch the games down in TN...is he just not getting his pitches low enough, or what?

Sky - I'm with you. I really like Graves and all, but he makes it tough for me to defend him. Last night (Tuesday), his fastball was absolutely lethal. It would start inside then trail off to the outside corner, people couldn't get a fix on him. Then, he gave up the homer, he just left it up. Graves' problem is he relies so much on his breaking pitches that if he makes one mistake, those pitches can get tagged. So yes, on homers given up, he's really leaving the pitches up and hanging them badly.

Huh? In 2002, in 80 games at Louisville, Larson batted .340 with 25 homers and 69 RBIs. In 2003, he batted .323 with 20 homers and 74 RBIs. Sure, his defense needs some work, but how is he not much of a contributor?

You are correct. I should have phrased that differently. I was thinking defense.

He has been swinging a bat in Louisville.

But I still concur he's not a well-rounded,professional player

ok my take. Grave sucks. wanna know why? he does not have an overpowering fastball. Its like 90mph...that is just sad for a closer and hes getting rocked. another blown save...jeezuz christ.

Larson has had enough chances to play in the majors. The guy just chokes for some reason. The guy will probably come along at some point if he can get his confidence but I would prefer that we were not the ones nursing him along. Line drive bases loaded no outs, two muffed fielding plays and a crucial strikeout on Wednesday. Dude my patience is spent.

Its true the reds have multiple problems....

mostly with the closers, but, I do believe he (Brandon) is a current problem.

........and not the least of their problems

Why Larson is the least of our problems...

Only one reliever has an ERA of less than 4 (Reidling with 0.84). Here's the rest:

Graves 3.86 (3 blown saves)

Jones 4.73

Norton 9.45

Reith 5.63

Van Poppel 4.91

Wagner 8.22

Larson has played in 2 games, he arguably lost one of them, the relievers have played a full season. Dan LaRue is probably out for some time, and Kearns could be out for a long time. The starting pitching has a combined 5.23 ERA. Larson has contributed two games at third and a 3rd game pinch hitting. Larson is the least of our problems.

Lets wait and see before we start knocking him around. But I do admit, this will be my last season supporting him, he needs to perform now and must do it with a fiery.