Check this...

Go here:

http://www.thehuddlereport.com/2004DRAFT/P...rofilesPage.htm

and check out the player profiles on the Bengals draftees, now, this guy might not know anything, but its a little reassuring.

And look at some of the guys we passed up, i.e. Gamble, Kevin Jones, Dave Ball.

I already know, Dave Ball was slow. He's stronger at the point of attack than Robert Geathers though.

- And he's no where near the quickness and speed of Isaac Hilton.

* Not sure if Hilton was drafted coincidentally, but if not , I would like to grab him as a UFA.

The panthers had to grab Chris Gamble.. they signed Artrell Hawkins :lol:

Kevin Jones went to the perfect team. They just improved thier offensive line, and Kevin Jones quickness and big play ability will win over the Detroit faithful still waiting on Barry Sanders to come back.

Sorry to dissapoint you Chris but Hilton wa drafted. He went in the 7th to a comp. pick to the Giants. My God, a comp. pick. I wanted to this guy to get drafted for all the last three rounds to us.

We can still pick up Demarco Mcneil undrafted. I hope we do because he was a second round pick a few months ago. I know he has character Problems but, we all know marv is looking for guys with something to prove.

Sorry to dissapoint you Chris but Hilton wa drafted. He went in the 7th to a comp. pick to the Giants. My God, a comp. pick. I wanted to this guy to get drafted for all the last three rounds to us.

We can still pick up Demarco Mcneil undrafted. I hope we do because he was a second round pick a few months ago. I know he has character Problems but, we all know marv is looking for guys with something to prove.

Then I'm not too dissapointed then.. Isaac Hilton was felt to be a little stiff to make the transition to LB.. but he did have straight away speed. I thought at worse, he was worth a draft pick from us, to see if he' could develop into another Leonard Little.

I hope i'm wrong but surely he is better value that Robert Geathers. Maybe Marv wanted someone with a bit more girth to defend against the run. But then why not Dave Ball? Too much of a tweener?

However, I can't really criticise Marv because even if he isn't the defensive genius that everyone lauds him to be he still knows one hell of alot more about football than me.

I hope i'm wrong but surely he is better value that Robert Geathers. Maybe Marv wanted someone with a bit more girth to defend against the run. But then why not Dave Ball? Too much of a tweener?

However, I can't really criticise Marv because even if he isn't the defensive genius that everyone lauds him to be he still knows one hell of alot more about football than me.

I think Dave Ball's lack of athleticism transferred into the pro's

as

a guy that has to make the play right away or he'd be virtually useless in chase. Doesn't have any speed, as a matter of fact, he's slower than 6'6-342 lb Stacy Andrews !

And that statement is exactly why I've calmed my emotions down after what I saw as a marginal draft at best. I figure he knows something about the draft picks that I'm just not aware of.

I was also wondering how many of the Bengals draft picks did Marvin and the Cincy coaching staff have direct contact with during the senior bowl job? They may have seen things there that weighed their choices.