ESPN

If I wanted news and talk about court cases Ill watch CNN or CourtTV. This is bulls**t. ESPN sucks for broadcasting football.

When you watch a football game, dont want to see a game on a split screen because they decide to interview some crackwhore from the Atlanta Journal Constitution, answering questions on whether or not she likes Michael Vick.

THIS IS BULLs**t!!!!!!!!!

:angry:

If I wanted news and talk about court cases Ill watch CNN or CourtTV. This is bulls**t. ESPN sucks for broadcasting football.

When you watch a football game, dont want to see a game on a split screen because they decide to interview some crackwhore from the Atlanta Journal Constitution, answering questions on whether or not she likes Michael Vick.

It was horrible. Same crap as last year though, basically. Remember when they started interviewing idiot celebrities during the 2nd quarter all last year?

I think lots of people are pissed. Apparently the guy who runs PFT was inundated with people complaining about it. My question is this: how do we convince them we really hate this crap? What is their goal - do they honestly thing people tuning into the game want to see that junk?

I feel the same way, I dont mind an interview everyonce in a while but, they had it on so long and did not even pay attention to the game that it became very annoying. I did not tune into the game to see some talking head spout off thier opinion of Vick, I have come to my own conclusions about this issue long ago. I just wanted to see what players looked good during the 3rd preseason game when 1st stringers are playing longer than anyother game.

It was the worst. Given that I am not local, I had no audio alternative (radio), and eventually just turned down the sound altogether. I could not believe how much they beat that story to death. It was the absolute worst experience I have ever had attempting to watch a FOOTBALL GAME. The game was completely secondary (at best) until the 4th quarter. Simply amazing.

It was the worst. Given that I am not local, I had no audio alternative (radio), and eventually just turned down the sound altogether. I could not believe how much they beat that story to death. It was the absolute worst experience I have ever had attempting to watch a FOOTBALL GAME. The game was completely secondary (at best) until the 4th quarter. Simply amazing.

Whoah, hang on just a second.

There was a game going on? I must have missed it. :blink:

It was the worst. Given that I am not local, I had no audio alternative (radio), and eventually just turned down the sound altogether.

That's exactly what I did. Dropped a disc in the CD player, and posted comments on the game here while just glancing at the TV to try and catch each teams snaps. I did that right after the 2nd quarter begun, and they briefly interrupted the telecast to tell me about showing Michaels press conference in it's entirety. I welcomed the warning, and at halftime turned the picture to another NON NEWS OR SPORTS CHANNEL! Otherwise it was just more Vick, Vick, Vick... <_<

Seriously Billy, every time I go to comment I lose my train of thought after seeing your avatar.... :huh:

My boss caught me staring at it on my computer yesterday. Now it's found a home on his active desktop as a stress reliever! B)

The problem is that the major media outlets are all vying for precious face time on the air and stuff like politics, the judicial system (see M. Vick) and general entertainment (see Dennis Miller) have crept into the sports media which has ruined things to a great extent.

The whole idea of Monday Night Football was a very simple one when it started in 1970. Many said it wouldn't work but it did and it was unbelieveably successful. Even with the quirkiness of Howard Cosell or Don Meredith the basic premise was still the game itself. And that worked well for a long time.

However with the advent of cable in the 80's and increased competition, stuff like what happened the other night is now commonplace which is a shame. The game suffers for the spin and hype of things that are ususally only a marginal issue of the game itself.

ESPN should have devoted an ESPN channel (or two) to the day long/on-going coverage of the Michael Vick saga and left the game alone on on the main channel.

BTW, I don't know if it was planned this way or what but couldn't Vick have picked a different day beside the day of the game in Atlanta to make his plea? I thought he was suppossed to give that over a week ago (8/17/07?).

I agree, but that crackwhore comment was outta pocket, dawg.

That wasn't necessary.

I agree, but that crackwhore comment was outta pocket, dawg.

That wasn't necessary.

Yeah my bad, got a little caught up in the moment. I appologize for that.