The first time our defense gets run over...

All you folks that think that a runningback was a good first pick...remember this post. Remember how happy you are now as the defense gets abused time, and time again during the regular season! Have you forgotten the Cleveland game!?! Get ready to see more of it!! :angry:

Billy , just let me know if you need me to drive out to Arizona to pick you up and bring you back to Cincy' so we can protest this draft..

Maybe we should appeal to the Supreme Court to do a "Do -Over".. like in street football..

Once we show Judge Ginsburg and Thomas that " We - Weren't - Ready " they gotta give us another crack at this... :lol::lol::lol:

And the first time they rip a team apart can we remind you how you ripped on the draft???

Please God. I hope you have the opportunity before I do. I just don't see it though. And don't worry. I won't rip too hard. I ain't Barbarian for crissakes! :P

And the first time they rip a team apart can we remind you how you ripped on the draft???

Please God. I hope you have the opportunity before I do. I just don't see it though. And don't worry. I won't rip too hard. I ain't Barbarian for crissakes! :P

Billy, I expect this defense to be like a buzzsaw ripping through opposing offenses, with all the speed that's been added....I expect to remind you of what you said before you remind me.... :D

Billy, I expect this defense to be like a buzzsaw ripping through opposing offenses, with all the speed that's been added....I expect to remind you of what you said before you remind me.... :D

Hell remind me too.... It's not like I'll forget, I'm a man of my word..

I will change my B- ( to the left ) to a picture of Mike Brown If I'm wrong on , but It will take 2-3 years to know for sure.. :D

Yeah, and I would prefer you not refer to your defense as a buzzsaw. As a fan of a team whose defense is actually like a buzzsaw, I'm offended.

Your team wasn't exactly a buzzszw either last year, and you didn't do that great in the draft either .... other than Winslow Jr. :o

Oh .... wait a minute that was the other Browns ........... Sorry , I always get you guys mixed up. B)

Hope you're right, but the report on the tracker says about Ratliff .......... Shows no desire or toughness aganst the run. Lacks size to take on blocks when working near the line.

Somehow it just doesn't make me think " buzzsaw " when I read that.

But that's something that can be taught, it's not his skills that are the problem...Marvin is a master motivator....Plus Ratlif makes plays, and honestly, i don't want corners having to stop the run, that's not their job....He had to do something right to get voted SEC defensive player of the year....

Noway should we have taken Perry that early. He was a REACH & he wasn't even the best available player. The best player was on defense.

Hey I agree, I think we could have put Steven Jackson with Rudi and still had a guy that can backup and play all 3 downs at the same time.

- We also could have traded down and grabbed a guy like Mewelde Moore in the 4th round to do the same thing Chris Perry will do.

- Perry is a first round talent at running back, but I know we could have traded down and added additional second round picks and perhaps still picked Chris Perry. - Watching the Lions trade back into round 1 to grab K.Jones almost made me sick.

He had to do something right to get voted SEC defensive player of the year....

most definitely....thats a BIG TIME conference....thats like Perry being nominated the Big Ten player of the year....with all those players in that conference, thats quite an accomplishment

honestly, i don't want corners having to stop the run, that's not their job

Ever seen a sweep/toss play?

That's why you have fast linebackers...come on, Most RB's are 220 and above...do you want to throw a 190 pound Corner against running back that's at least 30 pounds heavier? corners shouldn't have to tack, they should break up passes, if the corners are having to make tackles that's bad.

Having big corners that can play the run gives you tremendous versatility. Unless he's Deion Sanders, a cover corner who can't hit is a liability.

Big corners are a dying breed....

Having big corners that can play the run gives you tremendous versatility.  Unless he's Deion Sanders, a cover corner who can't hit is a liability.

Big corners are a dying breed....

I don't agree, I think the NFL's new rule, about aggressive man on man play is too favorable for a wide receiver..

* Sooner or later it'll be illegal to cut a receivers' legs or pop him when the ball gets there.. They'll start treating them like quarterbacks and you'll have 3 guys out there wearing a skirt instead of 1. :angry:

I don't agree, I think the NFL's new rule, about aggressive man on man play is too favorable for a wide receiver..

* Sooner or later it'll be illegal to cut a receivers' legs or pop him when the ball gets there.. They'll start treating them like quarterbacks and you'll have 3 guys out there wearing a skirt instead of 1. :angry:

The NFL wants teams to score points....But, DB's shouldn't be allowed to mug recievers either...

How many quality DB's were over 6'0? 2 or 3? How many wideouts were over 6'0? 30 maybe? (not exact, but I ain't bothering to look it up) All those big guys are playing reciever now...That's what artificially inflated Gamble so much, he was over 6 feet tall and that got him attention that wasn't warranted...I don't have to like the fact that it seems big corners are going away that's just how it seems.

But see Kevnz.. that's exactly my point.. you have all these tight ends playing wide receiver, and when finally you find corners that can match up with them in size , and quickness, the NFL changes the rules in favor of the wide-outs' again.

* the NFL has always sided on the side of the WR.. They've been tinkering with the "contact" rules for the last 15 years !! While slow wr's like Mike Irvin, Tim Brown, Cris Carter, could manipulate corners with a little nudge here, or a little shove there and never be called for offensive pass interference !

after seeing the Patriots mug anybody who went out on a route last year, I agree with the new emphasis on the calling infractions downfield, and this from a guy who team actually has two of those 6 foot plus physical corners.