Haynes isnt as bad as 2 other relievers

jditty47

Reith and Norton need to go badly. They suck that is all there is to it. They blew it in the 10th i say cut em both or send them back to AAA or something god!!!!!!!!

Reith and Norton need to go badly. They suck that is all there is to it. They blew it in the 10th i say cut em both or send them back to AAA or something god!!!!!!!!

You're right. I was following the game on MLB.com gameday. Actually Graves shoulda closed it out himself in the top of the 9th. At least the Reds bullpen doesn't suck as bad as the AZ Diamondbacks!! :lol:

i dont know about that...graves is pathetic, i wouldnt mind trading him, and those other 2 are horrible...everytime they have touched the field they have been torched. Graves has blown like 3 saves in a row...u know who does that? John Rocker or Rob Dibble in the end...no closer should blow 3 saves in a season let alone in a row!!!!!

i dont know about that...graves is pathetic, i wouldnt mind trading him, and those other 2 are horrible...everytime they have touched the field they have been torched. Graves has blown like 3 saves in a row...u know who does that? John Rocker or Rob Dibble in the end...no closer should blow 3 saves in a season let alone in a row!!!!!

That should change your moniker from "closer" to an "opener."

You guys need to relax. Baseball isn't the same as other sports where instant success per player is a precursor to team success. Everyone has pitched well this season. Norton started strong, going four games giving up only one hit and not allowing a run but has kind of been unnerved after Wrigley. And I'm not sure what you're referring to with Reith. Yesterday was the first game ALL SEASON long that he gave up a run.

A lot of the pitchers ERA look horrible right now because of the windy Wrigley days. Things will be ok. I mean if you look at ERA, Ryan Wagner is our worst pitcher and I think we'll all agree he's one of the best relievers on the team.

Regarding Graves, he's going to be the all-time saves leader for the Cincinnati Reds. Doesn't that kind of show you he's pretty damned good? I mean, you guys do realize he is tied for the Major League lead in Saves, right? Although, I must admit he scares me at times, he gets the job done.

all of our relievers scare me. Too bad graves is the only one with closer ability or id say move him to set up man or something. Ya hes tied for the lead in saves but how many saves has he blown? We cant afford to lose games that we have the lead in the 9th. Im sure for us to have a chance this season we cant lose dumb games cuz of 1 player.

We're not losing games b/c of one player. If we lose games, it's because Austin Kearns has a .146 batting average or Wily Mo Pena is the 4th outfielder when he should still be in the minors. Or maybe because Dan LaRue has 5 passed balls, tied for the MLB lead. Or how about the 112 strikeouts as a team, 2nd worst in the NL. I could seriously go one, but my point is there is more than one person causing us to lose games.

Who would you suggest to close games? We don't have anyone other than the second best in Reds history, soon to be the best.

like i said, graves will keep closing because we have no one else. Not because hes great at it. And ya...some players need to step up alot more than they are!

and lol at our win today. Lidle even admitted he was rushing cuz he knew it would be stopped at 5 innings, and you must have 5 innings for the game to count. he must have known that after 5 innings our relievers come in!!!!

Haynes isn't the answer to anything. He is just a reminder of the horrid starting pitching this team has had the past few seasons. I am glad to see we have a few starters that can stay late into a game without giving up 10 runs. Letting the bullpen get some rest really makes a difference. I haven't seen starting pitching like this since the nasty boys. Graves does a pretty good job, but he needs to get out of the habit of getting in to trouble every time out. Sometimes he can clean up his mess, and some times he gives up back-to-back homers to end a game.

The Reds are also leaving way too many men on base each inning. They should be scorring 13 runs a game with the amount of guys they can get into scorring position.

The offense is potent, but it can't follow through. If Kerns and Griffey were at the top of their games, add them to Dunn and Casey, and we would have one hell of a 1-2-3-4 punch!

some irony for me today when the starter (wilson) had a shaky outing and the bullpin (Riedling, Jones, Graves) had solid performances. Graves is hit or miss though, and notice the 2 relievers arent ones that have been blown up on.

Hey the REDS are looking pretty good for now. It looks like they got a goodlookingbunch of players on the field right now. The way ADAM DUNN is playing theres is no one getting him and CASEY out at all. This is great. I would like to see WILLIE MO PENA play more to see what he can really do, i bet he would be tuff if he got to play everyday. GO REDS B)