Good Article on O-line Prospects

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/7270365

Kirwan polls 7 o-line coaches on their rankings. Their thoughts on C caught my eye:

As for the centers, no one felt any of the players were in the Damien Woody or Jeff Faine category. Not one center got a first-round grade, but Virginia Tech's Jake Grove was a second-round choice by every coach. He was the only one. The third round is where Kansas State's Nick Leckey, Purdue's Nick Hardwick and Ohio State's Alex Stepanovich are all positioned to be drafted. If you miss on one of them, wait until the sixth round for Tennessee's Scott Wells.

Looks like there will be plenty of good value C's in the 3rd. If Grove is there in the second, do you pass on him (even twice!?) for bigger-need positions and scoop up the best available C in the 3rd? Hard to pass up that kind of unanimity on Grove's position, but still...

I appreciate you posting this Joisey.... Finally someone on here can see past Jake Grove.. :D

* Don't get me wrong, - If he's there at # 49 it would take a really really special player to keep me from drafting him. So to answer your question ..... No we don't pass on him twice.

Get the best player available in round 1, and if the top Center in the draft falls into your lap, then you snatch him up., and Hope the Second best Safety or Linebacker is there at # 56.- ( or maybe Chris Perry..?) :D

I appreciate you posting this Joisey.... Finally someone on here can see past Jake Grove.. :D

* Don't get me wrong, - If he's there at # 49 it would take a really really special player to keep me from drafting him. So to answer your question ..... No we don't pass on him twice.

Hey now...I do have a bias about Grove, but it's the lack of depth behind Richie and Richie's age that I can't see pass, especially when he is the best center in the draft....

I would rather have defense in round 1, but the center position scares me more than any problems the team has on the d-line....

Get the best player available in round 1, and if the top Center in the draft falls into your lap, then you snatch him up., and Hope the Second best Safety or Linebacker is there at # 56.- ( or maybe Chris Perry..?) :D

I think you're right. Hopefully, he's there and the Bengals play it that way, too.