Talladega track bans 14 fans for life

BlainThePain

http://sports.yahoo.com/nascar/news?slug=a...p&type=lgns

Talladega track bans 14 fans for life

May 1, 2007

TALLADEGA, Ala. (AP) -- Talladega Superspeedway has permanently banned 14 fans from buying tickets at the speedway following their arrests Sunday for throwing objects on the track after Jeff Gordon's victory in the Aaron's 499.

The fans were charged with disorderly conduct Sunday and posted bond at the track's jail facilities, Talladega County Sheriff Jerry Studdard said. Track officials can't prevent the 14 fans from buying tickets through a third party.

A number of fans began throwing beer cans after Gordon won the race under caution, passing the late Dale Earnhardt -- a Talladega favorite -- in career wins.

Talladega officials had issued warnings before the race that fans caught throwing objects over the fence separating the grandstands from the track would be arrested.

Superspeedway president Grant Lynch said identifying other fans who threw objects was harder than he had imagined.

``At a baseball game where everybody is sitting down, it's easy to see someone stand up and throw an object onto the field,'' Lynch said. ``I was looking at a section that probably had 300 people in it, and they were all standing up, waving their arms and their caps, and I couldn't pinpoint where any of the objects were coming from.''

Track officials added security following a similar incident after Gordon's victory in 2004, and said they will review Sunday's incident to see if more changes are needed.

Fans are allowed to bring small coolers into the track, and also can buy canned beverages at concession stands.

Updated on Tuesday, May 1, 2007 7:21 pm EDT

Those morons are going to get coolers banned and the we'll get to pay $7 for a warm cup of beer.

I had this exchange with a junior fan.

Sox-"Those morons will get coolers banned."

8 Fan-"They were just upset the race finished under caution."

Sox-"BS.They were upset that it was Gordon in the lead when the caution fell.Nascar tried one green white checkered,which is all they do.A rule implemented because of the first time those morons tossed beer can on the track.The funny thing is,if they were so angry because the race was won under caution,where was the outrage when the #3 won his one and only Daytona 500 under the yellow?

I was at a Pepsi 400 a couple years back when races still ended under caution. Everybody on the backstretch was throwing bottles at M. Waltrip while the race was still under yellow on the last lap. I think it may have been the race to urge them towards the current end of race set-up.

Some fans..... <_<

# is down to 12 actually banned, but the owner of the track at Dega is currently urging all other owners to ban the same people for life from any track that Nascar is involved with.

I hope Nascar does indeed ban these clowns fron ALL Nascar races, then let's see how many turds get up and fling beer cans after a race when that goes into effect!