draft a qb

Yeah just grab a guy who's happy to be a career backup, have him learn the system and keep him around for a few years. This has been one of the major problems for the bengals fix it here.

I was just going to ask the question about who/what kind of player do you draft here. Do you pick up a guy who would be a good pro backup or do you try to get a guy that is good enough to start (whether Palmer is the future or not)?

I want thats BGSU QB, he took them to a national ranking a couple years ago and a 13-2 season last year, i think he'll be damn good he's done what Big Ben Rothlisberger has done in the MAC, but just a little less effficently, i'm looking for him as our later 4th round pick.

I certainly would go no higher than the 5th round, we have too many other needs that we should focus on. Knowing Marvin though, if there is someone they feel is a real quality player that slips down, he'll take him...

I wouldn't even waste one that high, but if I did, it would be the QB from Kentucky!

Why not simply resign Shane Mathews..?? NO ONE is going to offer him anything more than a backup role, and it's still not going to be more money than the minimum the Bengals offered.

* He's a proven veteran backup - Good Insurance incase the unthinkable happens to both CP and JK.. plus he's cheap.

- Do the professional thing. Up the offer a little bit, buy him a car, or get him and his family one of those cruise packages for a couple thousand dollars... :lol:

Why not simply resign Shane Mathews..?? NO ONE is going to offer him anything more than a backup role, and it's still not going to be more money than the minimum the Bengals offered.

* He's a proven veteran backup - Good Insurance incase the unthinkable happens to both CP and JK.. plus he's cheap.

He's still going to cost more than a 6-7th round draft pick or college free agent. Besides, give Zampese time to develop a scrub QB and when he moves(and let's face it, he isn't gonna stay our QB coach for but so long, unless he replaces Brat, he has a very bright future ahead of him) on he'll want someone that knows the offense and whammo, draft pick for what amounted to a scrub.