Michael Bush in rd 4 or 5?

If he hadn't injured himself last year, I imagine he would have been a 1st day pick. I'd be okay if the Bengals took him in the 5th. They are going to have to replace Rudi eventually. You don't often find guys that run with his style that last that long in this league. I don't care that much one way or the other... I'm just saying the pick would be acceptable.

I think the running back they should be looking at for a late round pick is Alonzo Coleman out of Hampton. The only problem is he is not a great receiver out of the backfield, but is a homerun threat any time he touches the ball. I think hands can be taught. Change-of-pace back is what they should be looking for, not a big bruiser.

Bush's running style isn't going to translate well in the NFL, imo. He's far too upright and he's not powerful enough to run through arm tackles on a consistant basis.

Good college player who won't make it in the NFL.

People said the same thing about Eddie George. Not to say that Bush will be as good as Eddie George (and that upright running style did shorten his career significantly), but I think it's a bit silly to say that it doesn't translate. It just means that he'll have a shorter career. That's fine if you're talking about a 2nd day pick.

Bush's running style isn't going to translate well in the NFL, imo. He's far too upright and he's not powerful enough to run through arm tackles on a consistant basis.

Good college player who won't make it in the NFL.

People said the same thing about Eddie George. Not to say that Bush will be as good as Eddie George (and that upright running style did shorten his career significantly), but I think it's a bit silly to say that it doesn't translate. It just means that he'll have a shorter career. That's fine if you're talking about a 2nd day pick.

You can add OJ and Marcus Allen to the list of upright runners, oh and Jim Brown also.

Bush will go in the second round and he will eventually start for a team. He is one of the best overall athletes I've ever seen. If he didn't get hurt, he would have been the second RB taken. If I'm not mistaken, I believe he was Mr. Kentucky in basketball and football. That is pretty remarkable.

Remember how everyone, including myself, was surprised by the McGahee pick in the first round? I think most folks saw him going around round 3. Well, I think everyone is seeing Bush slipping to the 4th round or later. I bet he gets taken by somebody in the early part of round 3 at worst. Just bet it will happen.

If Michael fell to the second day would you like to see the Bengals take him in the 4th or 5th?

I like the guy. He was a hell of a player in high school and college too. The game he had in the Ky. State Finals against Brian Brohm and Louisville Trinity was the greatest HS football performance I have ever seen.

From wikipedia: "Bush attended Male High School in Louisville where he played quarterback as a senior after seeing action at defensive back, defensive end, linebacker, running back, safety, and wide receiver over his career. As a senior, he led the Bulldogs to the state championship game in Kentucky's highest class. In a showdown with future U of L teammate Brian Brohm and his Trinity Shamrocks, Bush threw for 468 yards and six TDs and ran for 116 yards and another TD in a 59-56 loss. This game is widely regarded as one of the best high school games ever played."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Michael_Bush

Taking him in the later rounds (4 or 5) would be worth it.

Meh.

I'm not entirely against the idea of grabbing a running back on the second day, but I want a smaller, quicker player. Bush has plenty of ability, but he's a bad fit IMO.

I like him for a couple of reasons. One, he is a big guy and might be able to get the short yardage that Rudi can't seem to get and two, he could also be used to play keep-away at the end of a game instead of having to pass it to kill the clock.

On the flip-side I can't see the Bengals disrupting the quartet of R. Johnson, J. Johnson, Perry and Watson as their four RB's. I wouldn't mind a smaller, change-of-pace guy but hopefully Perry will be healthy enough to show us what he can do this year. That might mean that Watson goes and they bring in a bigger guy.