is madden (the game) racist???

i never notice this before until today as i asked myself why vince young?, not other who deserve it more as peyton manning

then i start to notice that all madden cover had black players only, a superstar black qb is very rarely but yet they already got cover on culpepper, vick, mcnabb, and now young, what going on???

Sorry Dim, because for the most part I like your posts, but who really cares about something like this ?? Black, white, or whatever is irrelevant to something like this. Besides that, that would make Madden a reverse racist seeing as how he's white. But once again, stupid...

WHODEY !!!

true, it isnt that important, but i am just wondering why, thats all

example, why ray lewis?? he isnt the best lb at that time, zach thomas was

and why u talk about madden is white? john madden dont made the game, i am saying "are madden game producers racist", not john madden himself

I just think it has to do with popularity. Who is more of a "household name" at the time. As for Peyton, I'm not sure why he was never selected. I think he should get his turn...

true, it isnt that important, but i am just wondering why, thats all

example, why ray lewis?? he isnt the best lb at that time, zach thomas was

and why u talk about madden is white? john madden dont made the game, i am saying "are madden game producers racist", not john madden himself

I don't think Madden or his porducers are racist.I think they put on the cover who they think is the best player at that time.And who knows maybe Manning does not want on the cover.And if you think Zach Thomas was better than Ray Lewis than we are watching different games.

surpisely i just found out that zach thomas and ray lewis is a rookie on same year, so i can compare their total tackles, zach got 1577, ray got 1389, so yeah zach is better to me, of course if u look at sack and ints is more important than tackles, then to u ray is better

and thanks for change my thread title, sorry for misleading title

surpisely i just found out that zach thomas and ray lewis is a rookie on same year, so i can compare their total tackles, zach got 1577, ray got 1389, so yeah zach is better to me, of course if u look at sack and ints is more important than tackles, then to u ray is better

and thanks for change my thread title, sorry for misleading title

If you rate the value of a linebacker by how many tackles he has then your right, not smart but right. How many defensive players of the year awards does Zach Thomas have sitting in his case? Is Zach Thomas a sure first time up hall of famer like Ray Lewis is? Teams did not game plan for Zach Thomas when they played Miami, teams certainly had Ray Lewis in there mind every time they played Baltimore. you and Zach Thomas family are about the only one's who think Zach Thomas is better then Ray Lewis, some people would smack you for even uttering the word.

Then it becomes a "Heisman" way of thinking: the best player on the best team/defense. The Ravens' identity is their defense, and when you think Raven's defense for the last 10 yrs, you picture Ray Lewis. (BTW I think Ray-Ray is way-way overrated.)

you can't be racist against white people.

Ray Lewis May be overrated now but he wasen't in his prime,He was by far best MLB till Brian Urlacher became a stud machine and even then everyone called him overrated till last 1-2 years.More tackles doesn't mean your a better player Zach Thomas has been awesome but I'd still draft Ray Lewis over him any day of the week.

:huh:

Yes you can. Racism is applicable all people, regardless of their color or ethnic background. Look up the definition of racism and see if there's anything about specific colors not being eligible. You know what, I'll do it for you:

RACISM

1. hatred or intolerance of another race or other races

2. a belief or doctrine that inherent differences among the various human races determine cultural or individual achievement, usually involving the idea that one's own race is superior and has the right to rule others

Anyway, who cares about the players on the Madden cover. If I recall correctly, there was a white man on the cover of the game for 10 straight years: John Madden. :D

i got an idea why young is on the cover....everyone else was smart enough to turn them down. i read on nfl.com that they tried LT but he didn't want anything to do with it. vince is perfect, he's in our conference plus we play tennesee this year and by the time they come in to town the curse should be in full effect! WHO-DEY!!

sarcasm3bt.jpg

Ah. Had you been standing next to me, yes, I would have gotten it. But sadly, sarcasm does not translate well to text. :cheers:

If you want to fight racism I'm sure the NAACP could use your help.

I hope this was sarcasam as well. The NAACP sure helped to put a stop

to the John Schneider/Tom Wopaat concert in Cincy....gotta love 'em.

By the way John Madden was on the cover of the collector's edition of

last year's Madden game.

it's about marketing, not who the best player is. these guys happen to be some of the most marketable/recognizable in the league.