David Ross SUCKS!!!!!!!!!!&#33

Spor_tees

What will turn this team around?  

6 members have voted

1. 1. What would you do?

• Start sending underachievers to the minors?
    • Fire Jerry Narron?
    • Fire hitting coach Brook Jacoby?
    • Take away the team plane and hot tubs?
    • Nothing, they were going to stink this year anyways

David Ross has to have had the worst turn around I have ever seen in a player. Did he just sign a big contract or what? His head is certainly not in the game and he is killing the Reds right now. Also Edwin is just a young punk that needs to be sent to the minors to get his head straight. Maybe a demotion will wake him up and get him off his high horse.

Brook Jacoby isn't doing anything better than Chris Chambliss did last year. What was the point of bringing him in? Guys on the team can't bunt, can't advance the runners into scoring position, and can't even hit a sacrifice fly. Every time there is a chance to move a runner into scoring position with less than two outs, or sacrifice a guy with less than two outs, batters can't even get the bat on the ball! It's strike out after strike out!

This has to be the worst coached team with so much talent I have ever seen. Adam Dunn was supposed to be spending the entire offseason learning to lower his strikeouts...he has 27 strike outs in 70 at bats! That's over a third of the time! So, if he bats 4 times a game he guaranteed to strike out at least once if not twice! That is pathetic.

Oh, by the way, after spending the off season to upgrade the defense, the Reds are dead last in the majors in team defense!

Watching a Reds game this year is like watching a train wreck. You know it is going to be ugly but you watch anyways.

I didn't vote because I don't agree with any of the choices.

Ross is in a slump. It happens.

You call a .104 batting average with 4 hits in 38 at bats, with 17 strike outs a slump? The guy is in the major leagues and is striking out almost 50% of the time he steps up to the plate...

Then again maybe last year was just a fluke, the guy is a .224 career hitter and had never hit more than 10 home runs until last year.

Do the Reds have any good catchers in the minors? I know they traded one to the Tigers they thought was going to be good (Dane Sardhina I believe). Sadly after looking at all the minor league rosters, the Reds don't have many catchers there either that will make an impact soon. Sounds like a void they definitely need to fill next year. Boy I sure miss the Joe Olivers, Bo Diaz, and Eddie Taubensee's of the past.

You call a .104 batting average with 4 hits in 38 at bats, with 17 strike outs a slump?

Classic example, actually. Sounds like to me that you want Johnny Bench.

Keep in mind that last season was the first that Ross played in more than 70 games. He's never played the role of everyday catcher.

Also, something to consider, our starters are much much better than recent memory with Ross behind the plate.

If I were you, I'd be more concerned with:

- Griffey's lack of power... zero homers.

- Edwin Encarnacion batting .190 with, again, zero homers and only 6 RBIs.

- OR, how about the fact that Josh Hamilton, a rule 5 draftee that's only played 15 games in minor league ball before recovering from being an addict now labeled, arguably, as our best player. WHAT?!

- Adam Dunn striking out nearly 40% of his at bats striking out at least 2 times in each of the past six games.

- Edwin E (.211), Brandon Phillips (.176) and Adam Dunn (.188) are each batting around the Mendoza line with runners in scoring position. Dunn has struck out 50% of the time with runners in scoring position.

If you want to create threads saying that David Ross sucks, then go for it. But this entire offense sucks right now. Ross is a career #7-8 hitter. WE all know this. Our #3, 4, 5 hitters are horrible right now too...

But this entire offense sucks right now.

Yup.

Couple that with questionable pitching all around over the last week, and the Reds will lose some games. They'll pick it up on both ends eventually though. Baseball's a streaky game.

But not even just pitching... our starting pitching has been fantastic. Our offense doesn't support them at all putting our relief pitching in the position that if they're not perfect, then the team loses. The relief pitching was #1 until that game that Coffey gave up the grand slam against Houston. Even so, they fell to #29, to #30 the next day and are already back to #23 -- after three games.

Here. If you take out the two-game series against Houston, the Reds relief pitching goes from an ERA of 4.33 to 2.88. That would improve their ranking from 23rd to 7th.

Our overall pitching is ranked 11th in MLB -- 7th in the NL.

Our starting pitching is ranked 7th (3.52 ERA) in MLB -- 4th in the NL.

Edwin is a good prospect that is still young. We should send him down to the minors like we did w/ Kearns. Our hitting coach is good when people listen. He developed Hamilton into a patient hitter and he had dunn on that same path before the last couple weeks. Dunn just stopped listening and started doing his own thing. Ross is an average catcher at best and is in a slump. Look at the positives, our starting pitchers look really good.

You call a .104 batting average with 4 hits in 38 at bats, with 17 strike outs a slump?

Classic example, actually. Sounds like to me that you want Johnny Bench.

Keep in mind that last season was the first that Ross played in more than 70 games. He's never played the role of everyday catcher.

Also, something to consider, our starters are much much better than recent memory with Ross behind the plate.

If I were you, I'd be more concerned with:

- Griffey's lack of power... zero homers.

- Edwin Encarnacion batting .190 with, again, zero homers and only 6 RBIs.

- OR, how about the fact that Josh Hamilton, a rule 5 draftee that's only played 15 games in minor league ball before recovering from being an addict now labeled, arguably, as our best player. WHAT?!

- Adam Dunn striking out nearly 40% of his at bats striking out at least 2 times in each of the past six games.

- Edwin E (.211), Brandon Phillips (.176) and Adam Dunn (.188) are each batting around the Mendoza line with runners in scoring position. Dunn has struck out 50% of the time with runners in scoring position.

If you want to create threads saying that David Ross sucks, then go for it. But this entire offense sucks right now. Ross is a career #7-8 hitter. WE all know this. Our #3, 4, 5 hitters are horrible right now too...

I pointed out several of those things too..look up a couple post. That is why I think either Jerry Narron or Brook Jacoby is not doing their job. This team has not gotten better, it has gotten worse. Watch a game when Thom Brenneman announces and you will see how many mistakes he believes the coaches are making and I have to say I agree with him 99% of the time. Everything that the Reds have said they were going to work to improve over the off season, the only thing that has improved is the starting pitching and that does no good if the team doesn't score any runs.

Everything that the Reds have said they were going to work to improve over the off season, the only thing that has improved is the starting pitching and that does no good if the team doesn't score any runs.

Brenneman has annoyed me terribly thus far.

It's way too early in the season, IMO, to judge whether or not the Reds have improved in any area. Frankly, when the season ends, I expect the offense to have been above average and the pitching below average. None of that can be measured in 20 games though.

Ross I think is not in a slump he is just a terrible hitter...Maybe he proves me wrong and I hope he does but I think we need a new catcher..Valentin isnt great with the pitchers but I think if he would just take some time with the pitchers he could become a starter full time..

About Narron, I have wanted him fired for a long time now but I just dont see it happening..Krivsky has to much trust in him and I don't know why.

We should try and bring up Dumatrait..He has been lights out so far in Triple-A so far and I think he would be a great addition to this starting rotation.

We should try and bring up Dumatrait..He has been lights out so far in Triple-A so far and I think he would be a great addition to this starting rotation.

Problem with doing that, is who do you sit? The most likely guy would be Milton, but do you put a guy in the bullpen that is the second highest paid player on your team?

Wahoo! its 8-1, reds winning, and everybody is hitting well. :)

:cheers: to david ross, i believe he just had his first hit of the year :cheers:

Problem with doing that, is who do you sit? The most likely guy would be Milton, but do you put a guy in the bullpen that is the second highest paid player on your team?

Cut Milton and take the dang financial hit!

:cheers: