WEEK 3 Skip Hicks scored three TDs

jbengals1

playing in nfl europe and the nfl is 2 completely different things. its like saying anyone that played in the cba could be in the nba. Hes like the guy in the nba that gets a 10 day contract. He might get 1-2 min of playtime, as long as he doesnt mess up, he has a roster spot. I do not envision him touching the rock at ALL next season. but hey, even bush is wrong once in a while :P

Skip Hicks wont make the team next year, i would bet my posting rights here on it.

You guys need to look at the stats, you see 3 tds, and your like, oh man thats great, good thing we have him. When if you looked at the stats, he ran 17 times for 40 yards. That is under 3 yards per carry. His long was 10 yards, and he ran a 7 yarder when the game was already decided (the last play of the game). Take those out, and he ran 15 times for 23 yards. This is against players that 90% of will be unemployed next year. Its really pathetic if you ask me. Look at the big picture guys, sure he scored a couple TDs, but we dont need a goal line back, we need a change of pace, and we dont need a change of pace that will pick up 2 yards per carry.

ok at least i wasnt saying he was splitting time, but hey i agree with jon. and to be honest with you...i never even looked at the stats cuz who cares about nfl europe.

Skip Hicks wont make the team next year, i would bet my posting rights here on it.

You don't have to bet THAT much, but you're mistaken in that statement. Hicks will be a Bengal, be it the practice squad or the real team. :player:

You guys need to look at the stats, you see 3 tds, and your like, oh man thats great, good thing we have him. When if you looked at the stats, he ran 17 times for 40 yards. That is under 3 yards per carry. His long was 10 yards, and he ran a 7 yarder when the game was already decided (the last play of the game). Take those out, and he ran 15 times for 23 yards. This is against players that 90% of will be unemployed next year. Its really pathetic if you ask me. Look at the big picture guys, sure he scored a couple TDs, but we dont need a goal line back, we need a change of pace, and we dont need a change of pace that will pick up 2 yards per carry.

I couldn't agree more !! I said the same thing after the first game when everyone was on his nuts about, "Oh Wow" and s**t. The stats outside of his TD's tell a bigger picture here and I also agree about the talent he is going up against. You can't tell me you believe this guys is going to improve our run game that dramatically, especially against the AFCN. I'm a pretty optimistic person when it comes to the Bengals. Hell, I'm convinced Palmer is going to have a great year because I won $250.00 playing poker with his Jersey on, but I'm NOT at all convinced about Skips. Anyway, always holding on to hope !!

P.S. Pray for PFC Maupin, POW, and member of my Legion in

Mt. Carmel !!

WHODEY !!!

You don't have to bet THAT much, but you're mistaken in that statement. Hicks will be a Bengal, be it the practice squad or the real team. :player:

Hes not eligable for the Practice squad, hes played in to many games.

Another thing to remember, this guy is 30. There is no upside at all.

Our RBs will be something like...

Rudi Johnson

Kenny Watson

Whisper Goodman/A rookie

And maybe Corey Dillon.

3 TDs in NFL-Europe???

Whoop-tee-friggin'-doo.

IT'S NFL-EUROPE, GUYS!!! It's the same league that Danny Wuerffel passed for 25 TDs in.

Skip Hicks is a guy that will give Corey or Rudi breaks or when the Bungles need to telegraph a swing pass to the RB.

That's it--you guys are getting a hard-on about a 3rd stringer--Relax.

A backfield with

1. Rudi Johnson

2. Kenny Watson

3. Skip Hicks - tired from playing 2 seasons...

4. Jeremi Johnson

5. James Lynch..?? probably means we'll have a running back by commitee.. - I'd much rather have Dillon or a solid back from the draft to compete with these guys.

Possibilities..

1. Michael Turner

2. Tatum Bell

3. Julius Jones

4. Cedric Cobbs

* Maurice Clarett is no longer an option after today's ruling.