Bengals thinking about another bulldog DE as a LB?

Kazkal

B engals | Team talks with C. Johnson

Sun, 25 Feb 2007 08:01:06 -0800

During his NFL Combine interview, Georgia DE Charles Johnson said he talked with the Cincinnati Bengals.

NFL | C. Johnson believes he can successfully move to LB

Sun, 25 Feb 2007 07:59:52 -0800

During his NFL Combine interview, Georgia DE Charles Johnson measured a height of 6-2 and a weight of 270 pounds. When asked if he could make the adjustment to linebacker, Johnson said: "If I work at it. If I work hard at it I can." Johnson believes the most difficult aspect will be learning linebacker skills. "Moving from a defensive end, putting you hand down, to standing up in a two-point stance is really not that different, but it's a lot different playing it in the NFL."

Woodley probably projects better than Johnson since he's already shown he can stand up in games. Moses would be more intersting to see make the switch but at this stage and how he drilled in space, he'd definitely be a project. Lawrence Timmons is already suited to play SSLB but that's a high pick for the position....but so was Pollack. Timmons would have to be a real wide down edge rusher though to be able to work his way to the QB if he stayed in on the nickel. With both Jumpy and Smith, hard to imagine 1 of them comes out for him to play down. But he'd be a great blitzer with Jumpy dropping back into coverage.