Some interesting combine notes

HoosierCat

from draftdaddy.com...

A few more random Combine Notes from a "inside source" we have in Indy:

The wide receiver spot is called "deep", but many folks I have spoken to think there are a ton of busts waiting to happen -- i.e. Dwayne Jarrett and Ted Ginn Jr.?.....Louisville running back Michael Bush wont work out, but his weight is solid. New Falcons head coach Bobby Petrino is "talking him up" to many teams. Classy move by him....This draft might have a better crop of linebackers than was expected. The New York Giants will be very happy about that!

Wisconsin left tackle Joe Thomas disappointed some due to his "short arms"....My bet is that Arkansas cornerback Chris Houston will be a top 10 pick by Wednesday and L.S.U.'s Dwayne Bowe will be the second wide receiver taken.....The Detroit Lions have spent a lot of time with Clemson defensive end Gaines Adams here in Indy.

The Pittsburgh Steelers seem to be smitten with Penn State tailback Tony Hunt, who scouts said they liked on tape....Lamarr Woodley has good film, but people want to see him play up and in space. If he flops, he'll drop badly and only be looked at as a very small 4-3 defensive end.

I can say impact free agent guard Eric Steinbach is not going back to Cincinnati.....Adalius Thomas is getting love from the New York Jets, who are also talking big time to the Chargers about running back Michael Turner....I think Tennessee is close to done with Pacman Jones due to his off-field antics....Defensive end Patrick Kerney is leaving Atlanta and Denver is a strong possibility to land him....Cincy linebacker David Pollack likely will miss a lot of time (all of next season?), but his latest X-rays showed some improvement. Still, I think he is done....Colts President Bill Polian totally threw Dominic Rhodes under a bus today at media day for his recent DUI.

Chris Houston will be a top 10 pick by Wednesday

NOooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Wow Tank tyler dropped some weight

NFL | T. Tyler planning to take part in NFL Combine

Sat, 24 Feb 2007 13:05:03 -0800

At the NFL Combine, North Carolina State DT Tank Tyler (hamstring) measured a height of 6-2 and a weight of 306 pounds. He is planning to take part in everything he can, but a tweaked hamstring might limit him.

Bengals | Harrell interviews with team

Sat, 24 Feb 2007 13:04:55 -0800

At the NFL Combine, Tennessee DT Justin Harrell said he interviewed with the Cincinnati Bengals. He said character was a big issue during the interview and there were a lot of background questions.