Who would you be most happy with.

Who would you be most happy with.  

24 members have voted

1. 1. Who would you be most happy with the Bengals drafting at 18?

• Patrick Willis
    • Amobi Okoye
    • Paul Posluszny
    • Leon Hall
    • Laron Landry
    • Greg Olsen
    • Reggie Nelson
    • Darrelle Revis
    • Lawrence Timmons
    • Quentin Moses

IMO Willis is the best choice if he's there unless Odell comes back. If Odell comes back then I'd like to see us draft Amobi Okoye if he's there.

Of those listed easily Reggie Nelson with Revis and Timmons right behind.

Not listed, Jarvis Moss. The Bengals may end up with Justin for only 1 year.

Also Chris Houston. He's the readiest of all the CBs to play slot or wide. And if he runs a sub 4.3 like he said he could at the combine, he should separate himself from the rest of the CBs. Next best CB IMO would be Aaron Ross with Leon Hall and Marcus McCauley not too far behind.

The best cover corner that is available at #18! The regression of the CB position last season was the major reason the defense was so bad. The addition of another solid CB like JJ can allow the defense to turn up the pressure against the QB, because the WR's will not be wide open all the time.

Landry would be a dream.

After him:

1. Reggie Nelson

2. Darrelle Revis

3. Lawrence Timmons (I want him, but seriously doubt we take him)

I think Houston may climb on that list post-combine... He's so underrated at this point. I really don't see us taking a DE anymore. Moss seems like the only one with value at 18 but he got busted for weed so I doubt we'd go that route.

If we take Greg Olsen or Zach Miller in the second I'd be stunned and annoyed, there is zero chance we reach for a TE in the 1st.

Aaron Ross with Leon Hall and Marcus McCauley not too far behind.

No Revis?

After Nelson. I started out wth Revis at 8 then to 13 and got him holding at 16. The dropped charges against Marshawn and then his Path to the Draft interview spooked me (dude don't seem right) but he's probably too good for the Pack to pass on. BTW, Nelson should get the chance at the combine to show if he's a corner....or rather THE corner in this draft.

Double L.

Experienced guy with TONS of experience in a tough conf.

Leader in the secondary, which might facilitate Madieu moving to CB in a pinch.

If we had D-Jax, Madieu, and Double L on the field, I can assure you our pass defense would be much improved.

Plus, you can't have too many Tigers, right?

Landry would be the man but will not be around by our pick. It comes down to willis, nelson or griffith(texas, may be a little slow but we will find out at the combine). I have to think deltha will come back around on his bi-polar swing, and with a safety in the mold of madeiu that can play corner or safety would provide us with a lot of coverage schemes and the ability to mask them. Versitility can throw an offense of balance more so then pure on field ability. Willis is a safe bet but would be of marginal improvement in his 1st year over what we have when odell returns!

My order of preference is;

Landry -- I like his size and playing making

Moss (not one of the choices) Really quick of the edge!

Timmons -- An outstanding athlete, who is getting better at LBer. I can't believe some of the things I see him do.

Revis -- Good cover and a kick returner in one package.

Nelson -- I like the way he comes up and supports on the run -- but I worry about him being able to take the pounding, game after game.

Willis -- Very good tackler, but just seems a step off in the pass defense. (Doesn't have ODell's instincts on pass defense)

HOWEVER, I would be happy with any one of these guys :sure:

LB is my preference for a 1st round pick, and I am also in favor of a CB... but I've come around a lot on Landry. He would bring us a great deal of versatility in the defensive backfield.

We have been perpetually shallow at safety for the past 2 or 3 years... and with the loss of Tory James, the defensive backfield is an area of need. He would give us a great deal of versatility.

Madieu has the skills to play CB in the event that Deltha gets injured or cut (either of which are likely). If Jackson gets hurt (also fairly likely), Madieu could move back to Safety, and if we can re-sign Kaesviharn, we would for the first time have great depth at safety... and a great package to choose from in dime packages.

I'm almost never in favor of taking a safety in the 1st round... but he's talented, and if he's available, he gives us the ability to stay very fresh and very versatile in the defensive backfield... probably are greatest weakness the last 2 years.

LB is still my first choice, and as a general rule CB is probably a better 1st round choice than Safety... but Landry could be special, and I won't cry if we snag him.