Overrated in the Draft ???

Saw that article earlier today, typical Prisco weasel-hash. He doesn't actually call any of his overrated players overrated, he just whines about this or that guy's draft stock being too high. Well, jeez, Pete, maybe if you and a billion other sports hacks didn't hype the living s**t out of every Tom, Dick and Harry from East Nowhere State -- not to mention endless puff pieces on top prospects (I swear draft coverage is like friggin' Teen Beat these days: "Win a Dream Date Wth Kellen Winslow Jr.!! Heartthrob Eli Like Chocolates and Girls Whose Name Begins with 'M'!!") -- maybe they wouldn't be so "overrated" eh?

There are draft analysts that say Eli has more tools (starting out) than his brother did!!!

I don't know where you got your information from Johnsons, but I wouldn't follow it.

Plus, I'd rather have a QB from a major conference in college than a MAC QB.

Obviously you didn't see Big Ben play over the last few years. He's incredible. At his proday, he was throwing 60+ yard passes dead on his target FLAT FOOTED. He knows a pro style offense, he is coachable, he avoids the rush or just knocks the rusher over, and he's big enough to be a fullback.

And no go knocking the MAC they play some damned good teams and are pretty competitive.

the bengals should snatch his ass up if he is still there in the second round. i watched every single osu game when he played and i can tell you he is the reason osu won the national championship. and if they wouldn't have suspended him they would have won it this past year to.

whofreakinday

There are draft analysts that say Eli has more tools (starting out) than his brother did!!!

I don't know where you got your information from Johnsons, but I wouldn't follow it.

Plus, I'd rather have a QB from a major conference in college than a MAC QB.

Obviously you didn't see Big Ben play over the last few years. He's incredible. At his proday, he was throwing 60+ yard passes dead on his target FLAT FOOTED. He knows a pro style offense, he is coachable, he avoids the rush or just knocks the rusher over, and he's big enough to be a fullback.

And no go knocking the MAC they play some damned good teams and are pretty competitive.

haha, yeah I saw Big Ben first hand, being an Ohio Bobcat, although it was some while back, and he wasnt at notorious as he is now....I dont know how anyone could call him mobile or fleet footed...that mofo is slow

The fact of the matter is, this year's group of quarterbacks has more hit and miss written on them than any previous year mentioned.

1. Eli Manning - Strong Arm, good leadership, good field vision, = give him a good running game, and he can be as good as any other qb in the league when hot. He's not Peyton, probably never will be as good, but will play up to ability.

2. Ben Roethlesberger - Arm, Pocket presence, tough, = give him a good running game , and he can be as good as any etc. etc. ..

However, he's the "Rock" star of the group. He's a junior that dominated in the Mac.. IN 2 years he'll be ready, but he's gonna struggle early on.

3. Phil Rivers, = Everything he does, works, he's not mobile, but gets there, Has funny delivery, but tall enough to get away with it like David Carr. , Bottom line, May be the best of the bunch, but has "concussions" written all over him.

4. J.P. Losman - Arm, Mobility, field vision needs work, once his game filming and qb intelligence catches up with his athleticism, he'll probably be the most successful of the bunch.