The Reds Bullpen

BengalszoneBilly

Today the Reds Bullpen blew a two run lead in the eighth and handed the Phillies the game. I guess I really shouldn't complain. They had done well up until now, and for the most part they are quite young in age and short in experience. Lets hope today is a lesson that matures them quickly.

On to Chicago!! Go Reds!! B)

our starting pitching is surprising me. hopefully our relief can follow suit and we can have a solid season.

me too, but the season is very young. teams will fare better against them the second time around after they've had a chance to scout them and have faced them once before.

but who knows. maybe they'll surprise me. here's hoping!

The bullpen is our pitching strength and they've performed well above the call of duty thus far. They will have outtings like Thursday and that's fine; all teams have such bad luck at times. But I agree with everyone else, the starting pitching is blowing my socks off right now and has me exciting about this team this year.

• 2 weeks later...
OK, I change my mind. The bullpen HAS been the problem and continue to be.

How do we fix this? Trades with other teams? I say lets bring some young prospects up out of the Reds own Minor League system. They can't do any worse than who we currently are suffering with! B)

OK, I change my mind.  The bullpen HAS been the problem and continue to be.

How do we fix this? Trades with other teams? I say lets bring some young prospects up out of the Reds own Minor League system. They can't do any worse than who we currently are suffering with! B)

I think we need to develop our own talent. We have some good prospects in Louisville, but it's a matter of bringing them up too soon, i.e. Ryan Wagner. He has the physical ability, but I think with MLB being the biggest stage in all of baseball, he (and other youngsters) maybe a little overwelmed and intimidated.

It would be silly to trade for talent, because, quite frankly, who do we have that anyone else wants?

Wagner started great, then he gave up that big inning in Chicago and he hasn't fallen back to form. I wouldn't have a problem putting in AAA for awhile to regain his confidence.

The Reds are ok, we are going through a rough phase by the bullpen. As any novice baseball fan knows, there are always a ton of struggles with every team.