NBC Idiot

brownsblow05

NBC Halftime Analyst for Sunday Night Football claims Pittsburgh still has great chance to make the playoffs, and Cincinnati and Denver will not get in at all.

Is this guy on crack?

Yes.

I think that scenario might be possible, but it's an extreme one. We'd have to lose out, which means Denver finishes no worse than 9-7, but Pitt can only finish 9-7, and the Jets, Jags and KC would have to lose a boatload of games (except that KC losing helps Denver)...etc., etc., etc.

Suffice it to say I think that has the same chance as the proverbial snowballs' chance in hell of happening.

Well, for what it is worth (probably nothing) the locals around here in Pissburgh are claiming much the same. Everyone is counting on:

Steelers winning out

Bengals losing out

Jags losing out

Denver losing the last week

NYJ losing one

KC winning out (after tonight)

Effectively, for them it comes down to the following games must go their way:

12/18 Colts beat Bengals

12/23 Chiefs beat Raiders

12/24 Steelers beat Ravens

12/24 Broncos beat Bengals

12/24 Patriots beat Jaguars

12/25 Dolphins beat Jets

12/31 Steelers beat Bengals

12/31 Chiefs beat Jaguars

12/31 Niners beat Broncos

Although there are some slight variations, that pretty much is the exact scenario that has to play out for the Urine to make it ... but it's the talk of the town again. It's like they are all excited to 'knock the Bengals out of the playoffs' on 12/31. Now wouldn't it just be fitting that what actually ends up happening is what they haven't mentioned at all? That the very opposite of that occurs? Nice.

Bengals do have 3 tough games left but for steelers to go 5 teams have to lose out + denver beat us and lose vs SF.

Even then, would they really get in? Assuming they get to 9-7, they would lose the tie-breaker to Denver, so Denver would be the 5th seed(assuming Denver gives us a loss so that we end up 8-8 or 9-7). That mean Pitt would have to have all the tie breakers with the other teams that could end up 9-7. Since some of the teams in the race play each other in the last couple of weeks, I don't know if Pitt can gets in even if they win out. If it's even possible, it would be a one in a million scenario. I just don't see it.

Well, I actually see at least 2 of the following happening next week to ruin their hopes ...

Bengals beat Broncos (wish I felt better about this than I do)

Jets beat Dolphins (betting the Dolphins win this one)

Raiders beat Chiefs (I have a funny feeling about this one)

Jaguars beat Patriots (funny feeling here too)

And we aren't even considering that the Ravens will beat the Steelers? Ha.

I think one of the things that gets me is that they are getting all excited again, but when you look at things, they are 0-5 this year against AFC teams with a record better than them, and they have won the last 3 games against 2nd string QBs (TB, Clev, and Car). Only in Pissburgh can this excite you.

All we have to do is win 2 out of 3, and there is no way we miss the playoffs. Given the way we're playing right now, 2 out of 3 seems pessimistic (Hell... if we only win 1 out of 3, we've still got a damn decent shot).

Anything could happen... but to actually predict the Bengals missing the playoffs is straight ballsy (and by ballsy I mean retarded).

His name is Sterling Sharpe.

Is that what he said? I cant understand a freakin word that comes out of that guys mouth.

I have perfect hearing, however often find myself turning on my Closed-Caption before the Half.

I just have 1 Question

-----------------------------------

Did Shannon Sharpe do the voice of MushMouth on those old "Fat Albert" Cartoons? :shutup:

my bad you said Sterling...lol

Is that what he said? I cant understand a freakin word that comes out of that guys mouth.

I have perfect hearing, however often find myself turning on my Closed-Caption before the Half.

I just have 1 Question

-----------------------------------

Did Shannon Sharpe do the voice of MushMouth on those old "Fat Albert" Cartoons? :shutup:

It was Sterling not Shannon.

Bwahhhaahahaha, that was the first thing that I was going to come on here and say this morning. What a toolbag!

Sterling Sharpe has really funny eyebrows.