Bengals/Colts MNF - who else is going?

Dan2330

I am so pumped for this game, got my tickets about two months ago and now watching as the price skyrockets on StubHub and the scalpers. I guess Indianapolis fans must be buying up tickets, they must have thought they would have had a playoff spot wrapped by now and this game would mean nothing to them.

Who else is going? I have been to the RCA Dome about 10 times and must say they has to be the lamest home field crowd in the NFL (as compared to about 20 other stadiums I have been to). I stood and watched as the Steelers fans took over the dome last January in the playoffs, I got a feeling we can do the same with a good Bengals fan base. Look for me in section 134, anyone else going and where are your seats?

I've been there once, and I must say it was weird. I hate domes, the feel for the game is lost inside. It was like watching a game in a vaccum. Or better yet, in a fishbowl.

Stepping from the cold, to the warm 70ish weather sucks too. It's not real football.

I've been there once, and I must say it was weird. I hate domes, the feel for the game is lost inside. It was like watching a game in a vaccum. Or better yet, in a fishbowl.

Stepping from the cold, to the warm 70ish weather sucks too. It's not real football.

Yeah, the only thing good about them for the home team is 1) the dome reflects sound well, getting it loud inside if your fans don't suck, and 2) you can create a team that thrives on warm, dry fieldturf. The problem with 2) comes if you don't get homefield throughout the playoffs and have to travel north. Like Indy going to NE.

All in all, it's not worth it. I'd rather have a nasty, natural field in a cold city and a team built around *that*. They talk about not having the SB in a northern, non-dome stadium. Personally, I think there's nothing better than a snow game, or a frozen turf game. That's real foorball like it's meant to be played. I'd outlaw having the SB in a dome, kills the mood.

Yeah, the only thing good about them for the home team is 1) the dome reflects sound well, getting it loud inside if your fans don't suck, and 2) you can create a team that thrives on warm, dry fieldturf. The problem with 2) comes if you don't get homefield throughout the playoffs and have to travel north. Like Indy going to NE.

All in all, it's not worth it. I'd rather have a nasty, natural field in a cold city and a team built around *that*. They talk about not having the SB in a northern, non-dome stadium. Personally, I think there's nothing better than a snow game, or a frozen turf game. That's real foorball like it's meant to be played. I'd outlaw having the SB in a dome, kills the mood.

I completely agree. Watching the Super Bowl as snow fell would be awesome!!!

Just imagine if a team like Minny didn't have a dome. That would be one big homefield advantage.

Just imagine if a team like Minny didn't have a dome. That would be one big homefield advantage.

Yeah, I rembemer the 2001/2 playoff game between the Raiders and New England, in the snow. That was definitely one of those classic games (minus the tuck rule controversy) - well played game on a blanket of snow. One of my favorites of all time.

Hell, I always had fun as a kid playing backyard football in a good 6 inches of snow. Great to tackle somebody and give 'em a facefull. ;)

I've got my three tickets. We are eating dinner at St. Elmo's steakhouse before the game and then pound a few beverages before entering the Jungle Dome.

:cheers: WHO-DEY!

Hey cool we are going to St. Elmo's also, got a freaking 4pm reservation- only thing they had left like 2 months ago when I made them!

Yeah, I rembemer the 2001/2 playoff game between the Raiders and New England, in the snow. That was definitely one of those classic games (minus the tuck rule controversy) - well played game on a blanket of snow. One of my favorites of all time.

Hell, I always had fun as a kid playing backyard football in a good 6 inches of snow. Great to tackle somebody and give 'em a facefull. ;)

For me it would have to be the INDY / NE AFC Championship game in New England a few years back. This was the game in the freezing snow storm, I was sitting in the sports book in Vegas and as soon as I saw ESPN GameDay come on early that morning and they showed the field and conditions I ran to the window and put a bill down on the Under and another bill down on the Pats- what a game, the conditions really got to INDY and Manning.

Of course they didn't back in the days of the Purple People Eaters defense and it was a REAL BIG advantage. Their coach, Bud Grant, wouldn't even let the Vikes have heaters on the sidelines!!!!!