Xavier #24

PMThor

Xavier is a damn fine team, ranked #24 so far, and they are playing incredibly well as a team. So I am extending the olive branch to all the UC fans out there in Bengaldom. Watch Xavier play. We go 10 deep (seriously we do) and have some incredible talent. I haven't seen someone dunk like D. Brown this year since the helicopter. Yes, Brown has that kind of freak hops. We are damn, damn good.

So don't fret UC fans. There is still some good college basketball in Cincinnati right now, even if UC is down at the moment.

(This is in no way a slam on the UC program, Cronin will right your ship, but X should beat UC by 15 this year).

Xavier is a damn fine team, ranked #24 so far, and they are playing incredibly well as a team. So I am extending the olive branch to all the UC fans out there in Bengaldom. Watch Xavier play. We go 10 deep (seriously we do) and have some incredible talent. I haven't seen someone dunk like D. Brown this year since the helicopter. Yes, Brown has that kind of freak hops. We are damn, damn good.

So don't fret UC fans. There is still some good college basketball in Cincinnati right now, even if UC is down at the moment.

(This is in no way a slam on the UC program, Cronin will right your ship, but X should beat UC by 15 this year).

I am a UC fan and I do admire the XU team this year (did I just say that!!!!!!!!)....They have an easy road to the NCAAs in a weak conference. Here's to alot of good college basketball in the state of Ohio!

Bring on the Crosstown Shootout!

The A-10 sucks.

Absolutely. But what is X to do? We have been a very big force in the league from nearly when we joined it. There is nowhere for us to go right now, otherwise X would bail on this weak ass league in a heartbeat. Basically we are waiting on the BE to implode and then we will be in prime position to join a "basketball only" league.

Until that happens though, we will continue to be one of, if not, the best, team in the weak ass A-10.

Nothing we can do but dominate. And we will.

Wow, yeah X looked horrible. Typical X though. They never, ever, ever win the big game. Ever.

It's funny how none of the UC fans were to be found before the game though, and only showed up afterwards. Hmm. Now why is that?

Um, some of us have lives???? HA!

:cheers:

I'm not a UC fan, but those of them here who are have been in this forum all along. I see no fairweather-ers here.

Yeah, but when I posted this originally, no one came in giving UC any hint of a chance. Once they win, then they show up. Oh yeah, and why was it that the game wasn't a sellout until gameday? I am thoroughly unimpressed with the UC fanbase. X is outdrawing them this year, with a tiny fanbase compared to UC.

I fully expect a ton of UC, errr, I mean Huggins fans showing up for the X K-State game downtown later this year. What does that say? That the fans support the coach, but not the program? Come on.

I'm not a UC fan, but those of them here who are have been in this forum all along. I see no fairweather-ers here.

Yeah, but when I posted this originally, no one came in giving UC any hint of a chance. Once they win, then they show up. Oh yeah, and why was it that the game wasn't a sellout until gameday? I am thoroughly unimpressed with the UC fanbase. X is outdrawing them this year, with a tiny fanbase compared to UC.

I fully expect a ton of UC, errr, I mean Huggins fans showing up for the X K-State game downtown later this year. What does that say? That the fans support the coach, but not the program? Come on.

Hey, I'm a big UC fan, but don't hang their lack of attendance on me. I live in TN :lol:

Hey, I'm a big UC fan, but don't hang their lack of attendance on me. I live in TN :lol:

And I in FL! :lmao:

If X would have taken care of business you would not have to worry about any fair weather fans. Which I am not. If you look at the posts above I was willing to give X props, but they didn't come through. That's what I get for giving X props I guess!

I say all of this in a spirit of brotherhood and jest of course! :cheers:

I was gonna let it go, but PULEEEZE. You were the one that ran your mouth ahead of time and you're gonna chastize a UC fan for not doing the same. Instead of worrying about UC attendance and the amount of trach talking beofre the game, I'd worry about why X played completely uninspired basketball

YOU(no one else) ran your mouth too soon and it bit you in the ass.

And now, Sorry, PM, you hit a nerve

But Boomer, that is half the fun of the Shootout. To talk trash with one another. No one would do so with me, and that is all I am noting, that no one wanted to get into it.

Yeah, I know, it bit me in the ass, but isn't that half the fun of trash talking?

And yep, I know what Xaviers problems are right now. I'm not going to discuss them on here, because it is quite evident that I am outnumbered by UC fans, who could care less.

I just have to question where is the UC fanbase? UC is being outdrawn by its crosstown rival, a school with a tiny fanbase compared to UC. Where are the UC fans, and why aren't they going to the games? Just a question. Was it because Huggins left? Is that the only reason?

But Boomer, that is half the fun of the Shootout. To talk trash with one another. No one would do so with me, and that is all I am noting, that no one wanted to get into it.

Yeah, I know, it bit me in the ass, but isn't that half the fun of trash talking?

And yep, I know what Xaviers problems are right now. I'm not going to discuss them on here, because it is quite evident that I am outnumbered by UC fans, who could care less.

I just have to question where is the UC fanbase? UC is being outdrawn by its crosstown rival, a school with a tiny fanbase compared to UC. Where are the UC fans, and why aren't they going to the games? Just a question. Was it because Huggins left? Is that the only reason?

Is that the only reason? Did anyone see the result of the Ohio State game which Huggins and the former AD worked very hard to get on the schedule after a billion years? Look what happens when the president of the university sets out to destroy the basketball program. National embarrassment. And I am not so convinced that Cronin is bringing in genius student athletes either. Bunch of junior college guys just like Huggins always recruited. No one tearing up the SAT scores on that team. What a hypocritical world we live in.

He's from Indy(the city) and the dude is a feak of nature.

UC fans are really uninterested now because of all the commotion our president caused the last couple of years. You're right Gap, Huggs tried for years to renew this rivalry, and OSU waited until they knew they could win. I guess when you beat a team in the title game two years in a row(ealry 60's) it takes awhile for the wound to heal