The Best Story on The Game So Far

HoosierCat

http://www.sportsline.com/nfl/story/9839539

I especially like this bit...

Baltimore's offense blows, even with cold-hearted genius Billick calling plays after firing coordinator Jim Fassel six games ago, but its defense is good enough to win two or three more games on its own. Assuming it doesn't fall for any more golden oldies like the flea flicker, the unseen banana peel or the pie in the face.

:lmao:

Baltimore's offense blows, even with cold-hearted genius Billick calling plays after firing coordinator Jim Fassel six games ago, but its defense is good enough to win two or three more games on its own. Assuming it doesn't fall for any more golden oldies like the flea flicker, the unseen banana peel or the pie in the face.

Nice :sure:

Man, wouldn't it have been a painful night if we hadn't pulled that play off? I'm not sure I could have stomached a 7-6 loss...

Nice :sure:

Man, wouldn't it have been a painful night if we hadn't pulled that play off? I'm not sure I could have stomached a 7-6 loss...

No doubt. Even then, I was pacing around the room all fourth quarter. I really, really, really wanetd that last FG from Graham to get the points up over the two-score hump. In a way, tho, I think the closeness of the game helped the D stay focused. But yeah, today's a good day, even if I do need to go scrounge up a couple aspirin...:lol:

No doubt. Even then, I was pacing around the room all fourth quarter. I really, really, really wanetd that last FG from Graham to get the points up over the two-score hump. In a way, tho, I think the closeness of the game helped the D stay focused. But yeah, today's a good day, even if I do need to go scrounge up a couple aspirin...:lol:

Yep. I was pretty bummed out that we didn't get those 3 points. That would have required two TD's and two 2-point conversions... and above all, would have given us an opportunity to kick-off, taking more precious seconds off the clock, and giving the Ravens worse field position than they had because of the missed FG.

No reason to get overly upset now... because it worked out, but we need to make those plays. That would have pretty much put the game away, rather than requiring the defense to step up one more time. (Oh well... at least the Ravens can't blame their loss on the dropped punt... it gave us 0 points, and we took only 1 minute off the clock. We beat them straight up).

No reason to get overly upset now... because it worked out, but we need to make those plays. That would have pretty much put the game away, rather than requiring the defense to step up one more time. (Oh well... at least the Ravens can't blame their loss on the dropped punt... it gave us 0 points, and we took only 1 minute off the clock. We beat them straight up).

...and to that point, another good story...

http://www.sportingnews.com/yourturn/viewtopic.php?t=154672

The Bengals did not wallop the Ravens, but they could have and probably should have. They had two touchdowns taken away, on a shaky penalty and a bad ruling -- and they missed a field goal, to boot. Even with all of that, they still controlled the game and did what they needed to do. The final score was not in any way, shape or form indicative about how badly the Ravens got outplayed. Once again, the bottom line said one thing; any objective observer saw something completely different.