Griffey Jr. Homers Again!!

BengalszoneBilly

Junior is REALLY swinging the bat well this young season! He's hit 2 homers, and seems to really be seeing the ball well too! If he can just stay healthy, his return to superstardom here in Cincy seems likely! B)

B) Kinda take care of that "ol depression " that you were feeling a couple of days ago ????????

Kinda take care of that "ol depression " that you were feeling a couple of days ago ????????

Yo Marine! With the Reds victory over Pittsburg tonight, They've inherited sole possesion of first place, and there's no better medicine for my baseball depression than THAT! :lol:

Kinda take care of that "ol depression " that you were feeling a couple of days ago ????????

Yo Marine! With the Reds victory over Pittsburg tonight, They've inherited sole possesion of first place, and there's no better medicine for my baseball depression than THAT! :lol:

B) How cool is that huh .......................

Have to admit that I've always had a soft spot for the Pirates. They fielded some pretty good teams and had a couple of really great NLCS's with us ( which we won )

Cubs on the other hand are the Browns of the baseball world. Don't care what their record is ...... they're losers :ph34r:

Glad you're feeling better tho .......... you're looking better as well. Did like the Marine emblem though.

I have always been a huge Griffey fan and I don't care how s**tty our pitching has been, I DON'T want to see Griffey get traded as written today on the ESPN Cincinnati Reds page. I don't care that he has been hurt or had shortened seasons. I don't care !! Griffey is the man !! Here's hoping the Reds as well as Griffey have an outstanding season !!

Oh yeah this is the reds page here, well who cares...

WHODEY !!!

I have always been a huge Griffey fan and I don't care how s**tty our pitching has been, I DON'T want to see Griffey get traded as written today on the ESPN Cincinnati Reds page. I don't care that he has been hurt or had shortened seasons. I don't care !! Griffey is the man !! Here's hoping the Reds as well as Griffey have an outstanding season !!

Oh yeah this is the reds page here, well who cares...

WHODEY !!!

Griffey is one of those guys who always elicits a strong response whether its positive or negative. I've heard and read about guys ( writers fans etc ) busting on him for everything from watching his homeruns leave the park to wearing his hat backwards. As far as I'm concernd, it's all BS that doesn't even warrant a response. Everytime Griffey takes the field, he's the consumate professional. He doesn't do the little pirouette that Bonds has been known to do and he doesn't go back to the dugout and mug for the camera like Sammy the steroid Sosa.

As for being traded, that same story gets trotted out year after year. Knowing our ownership, it could very well happen and it'll be a black day in Reds history when it does. 9 times out of 10, Griffey conducts himself with a lot more class than the reporters and the owners, and they should get off his back and let him play ball just like any of the other guys on the team. That's all he's ever really asked for.

Griffey is one of those guys who always elicits a strong response whether its positive or negative. I've heard and read about guys ( writers fans etc ) busting on him for everything from watching his homeruns leave the park to wearing his hat backwards. As far as I'm concernd, it's all BS that doesn't even warrant a response. Everytime Griffey takes the field, he's the consumate professional. He doesn't do the little pirouette that Bonds has been known to do and he doesn't go back to the dugout and mug for the camera like Sammy the steroid Sosa.

As for being traded, that same story gets trotted out year after year. Knowing our ownership, it could very well happen and it'll be a black day in Reds history when it does. 9 times out of 10, Griffey conducts himself with a lot more class than the reporters and the owners, and they should get off his back and let him play ball just like any of the other guys on the team. That's all he's ever really asked for.

Thats a good assessment.......I agree

Did anyone see Juniors homer in Chicago today!?! The left fielder didn't even move as the ball rocketed out!! What really burned me up as when the Cubs announcers on WGN we talking about the Cubs rivals in the race for the division crown, they mentioned Houston and St. Louis, but totally left out the team that was currently whipping them in the game, and that currently leads them in the standings...The Reds!

Could it be that we are witnessing a team turnaround by Miley that even eclipses the one Marvin orchastrated with the Bengals!?! I know it's way early...but one can hope, can't he? :blink:

The Cubs just had a batter called out for batting out of order!?! He hits a double, and was called out by the home plate ump!! I've NEVER seen that in a pro game!! It just got Dusty Baker ejected, and Miley was already ejected...so BOTH managers got tossed in the same game. I can't recall if I've ever seen that before either. What a game!! :wacko:

haha, im here at work at man jimenez is having a good season so far...he jacked one today too. And this Phil Norton guy sucks, last 2 games he comes in and gets rocked.

how can you be happy when our bullpen, once again lost us another game we had in the bag. God our relievers suck so much balls. Graves WTF!!?!?!?! And it wasnt just graves, all of the relievers sucked.

how can you be happy when our bullpen, once again lost us another game we had in the bag. God our relievers suck so much balls. Graves WTF!!?!?!?! And it wasnt just graves, all of the relievers sucked.

Well first off all, no bullpen holds the lead throughout the season. Each team has given up a lead, some badly and win the World Series. I'd rather have the Reds endure their woes now instead of mid-season. Secondly, the pen has been pretty solid other than the past two games... thirdly, there's 152 games left. So chill out dude.!

Think of the positives. We are hitting well, fielding well, and the starting pitching has impressed the hell out of a lot of people. This team is making progress from the crap it went through 10 months or so ago; I'd say we're doing pretty good.