Feedback, baby

All right, I've got two articles up now. I'm trying to establish a draft board, position by position. This isn't who I want to have, but rather who Marvin and co. would want.

If we combine the corners and linemen only, the list should look something like this (in order of desirability).

1. Vince Wilfork

2. Kenechi Udeze

3. Tommie Harris

4. DeAngelo Hall

5. Randy Starks

6. Will Smith

7. Dunta Robinson

8. Will Poole

9. Chris Gamble

10. Derrick Strait

Your list?

It certainly isn't just you. Smith seems like the better prospect by almost all accounts. But there are just enough questions about his size for me to question his role on the team. If we are confident we can sign Daryl Gardner, Smith moves up the charts. If we can't...

I would change Udeze and Wilfork. Udeze has been termed an "animal" in his style of play, and what better thing to have representing the Bengals defensively than this animal of a lineman!

Yes, were were animals last year on the defensive line, but that animal was a freakin' p***y cat!!

Udeze!! Udeze!! Udeze!! Is what we needze!! needze!! needze!!

I'll have to disagree with part of that board.

Too many questions are coming forward with some of those prospects.

1. Kenechi Udeze - most likely will be the first DL selected. His workout may not have been as stellar , but his character and production are.

2. Vince Wilfork - I'm not sold on him being another Sapp. However , I do think that he'll develop into being a more athletic version of Gilbert Brown.- That will get a garbage sack or two.

3. Will Smith - He's the most athletic DL in the draft. Good quickness ,and unquestionable leadership. He's a guy that you can build a defense around ala - Hugh Douglas. - His size doesn't concern me the least because he holds the point of attack so well.

4. Tommie Harris - great character, team leader and super athletic, but he's a "tweener". Not very productive at the DT spot,nor the end spot. He is very disruptive, but I can get the same abilities out of Chad Lavalais

5. DeAngelo Hall - He is far from a finished product. This is actually a pretty weak corner class, because there hasn't been a clear cut # 1 guy till the Pro-days started.- He does add other intangibles, and should be able to start right away and contribute in the return game.

6. Darnell Dockett - He's been productive, and disruptive since he became a Seminole. Probably the strongest lower body of any D-lineman this year.His quickness and tenacity should make him a pro-bowl caliber player in years to come.-trade down.

7. Randy Starks - He's got size,he's tough to block,but he really should have produced more. His workouts weren't impressive,not only from the slow '40 time,but the agility drills is what's dropping him on most boards.- best to trade down for him.

8. Chris Gamble - size that ML and LF love,and he can run. He's smooth, but he's even more of an unfinished product than Hall.He should turn out to be a solid starter, or could really go bust like Deltha 'Oneal.

9. Dunta Robinson - Probably has earned the second best CB spot in the draft with speed, and workouts. But I'm always leery about players that don't make a name for themselves before the combine. - Love his attitude, and his hitting style, not sure if that'll translate into interceptions or not..??

10. D.J. Williams - He's probably not worth a # 17 pick,and he could also go higher to the Jets as well..? His athleticism and production are through the roof, however I'm not sold that we'll need to address the Lb spot this early in the draft.

10 (a). Vernon Carey - He is by far the most dominating interior lineman this year. If we had to trade down, I wouldn't mind taking him around 25 or lower because Carey and Steinbach would be the immovable object to protect CP.

--- This is my top 10 as to who would come first dependant upon availabilty.

- Will Poole, didn't put it together until his senior year, but I would consider him towards the late 1st or early second.

- Derrick Strait has good skills, but lacks the ego to play corner in the nfl , and the quickness. He was exposed during the Senior Bowl, and looked tentative. He's a solid 2nd rounder in my book.

thats a very good draft board you have there, the only thing i might change is starks and smith but maybe thats just me :)

Yeah, personally I have Smith rated ahead of Udeze...just because Smith has more of a factor....I think if he puts his mind to it, and with Marvin influence, he can REALLY take over a game....I think his X factor is about a 11

SI'll have to disagree with part of that board.

Too many questions are coming forward with some of those prospects.

1. Kenechi Udeze - most likely will be the first DL selected. His workout may not have been as stellar , but his character and production are.

2. Vince Wilfork - I'm not sold on him being another Sapp. However , I do think that he'll develop into being a more athletic version of Gilbert Brown.- That will get a garbage sack or two.

3. Will Smith - He's the most athletic DL in the draft. Good quickness ,and unquestionable leadership. He's a guy that you can build a defense around ala - Hugh Douglas. - His size doesn't concern me the least because he holds the point of attack so well.

4. Tommie Harris - great character, team leader and super athletic, but he's a "tweener". Not very productive at the DT spot,nor the end spot. He is very disruptive, but I can get the same abilities out of Chad Lavalais

5. DeAngelo Hall - He is far from a finished product. This is actually a pretty weak corner class, because there hasn't been a clear cut # 1 guy till the Pro-days started.- He does add other intangibles, and should be able to start right away and contribute in the return game.

6. Darnell Dockett - He's been productive, and disruptive since he became a Seminole. Probably the strongest lower body of any D-lineman this year.His quickness and tenacity should make him a pro-bowl caliber player in years to come.-trade down.

7. Randy Starks - He's got size,he's tough to block,but he really should have produced more. His workouts weren't impressive,not only from the slow '40 time,but the agility drills is what's dropping him on most boards.- best to trade down for him.

8. Chris Gamble - size that ML and LF love,and he can run. He's smooth, but he's even more of an unfinished product than Hall.He should turn out to be a solid starter, or could really go bust like Deltha 'Oneal.

9. Dunta Robinson - Probably has earned the second best CB spot in the draft with speed, and workouts. But I'm always leery about players that don't make a name for themselves before the combine. - Love his attitude, and his hitting style, not sure if that'll translate into interceptions or not..??

10. D.J. Williams - He's probably not worth a # 17 pick,and he could also go higher to the Jets as well..? His athleticism and production are through the roof, however I'm not sold that we'll need to address the Lb spot this early in the draft.

10 (a). Vernon Carey - He is by far the most dominating interior lineman this year. If we had to trade down, I wouldn't mind taking him around 25 or lower because Carey and Steinbach would be the immovable object to protect CP.

--- This is my top 10 as to who would come first dependant upon availabilty.

- Will Poole, didn't put it together until his senior year, but I would consider him towards the late 1st or early second.

- Derrick Strait has good skills, but lacks the ego to play corner in the nfl , and the quickness. He was exposed during the Senior Bowl, and looked tentative. He's a solid 2nd rounder in my book.

Cool....here's what I think(not that I really know jack)

1. Udeze, honestly, won't be there...we all know there is a dearth at DE. If he is by some mircale, I dont even have to explain myself.

2. Wilfork- athletic big man, wont sack the QB, but will collapse the pocket enough and cause constant disruption, exactly needed for our undersized but, Ray Lewis like (according to Coach Lewis) MLB Webster. Trust me, if Coach Lewis wants to put him in the middle, he knows something we don't, if defies all logical convention...but Lewis is a defensive genius....plus he like Demorrio Williams, so don't be suprised if we get him in the later rounds.

3. Smith-(see above posting)

4. Harris-Versatile Lineman, has experience with both, can use him in a variety of ways I would think.....would love to have him....Coach Lewis could get really creative....

5. Hall-was already a top CB choice early after post season play, with stellar returning skills. Fast CB, much like Terrance Newman of 04. Newman had knocks on his game, but come to think of it, what CB has never not had a knock on him?

Not tall enough, fluid hips, etc. etc. Solidified his draft position with a fast time of 4.3. But how does that translate into football games? If they all ran streak patterns, that would be different. As stated before, takes gambles, not fully polished at CB. (Would LOVE to team him up with Patrick Johnson on kickoffs.....OH MY GOD!)

6.Docket-The wild card of the draft...sounds like a younger version of Daryl Gardner or that other guys we've been talking about.....LOL....I can't think of his name right now.....If Lewis lights a fire under his ass, he could definitely do damage...

7. Starks-another versatile lineman who reminds many of Kris Jenkins....I don't know much about the guy however...

8.Gamble-another wild card...has the potential to be boom or bust...I believe with Fraziers tutelage as a former DB coach, he can definitely do damage with James and WEathersby, all 6 foot plus CB's.....how many teams have that in the league?

I've been drinking.. :rolleyes: kinda tired.....Ill finish this later....Im going to my treehouse... :ph34r:

It was interesting to see Lewis up at OSU. I didn't think he would have much interest in Gamble, but apparently he might. Of course, maybe he's planning on getting Clarett in the second round. ;)

No and no!!!

I would hate to see either one of those scrubs get drafted high by the Bengals...

Marvin was there cause Ohio State is close, and he has stated plenty of times before that he like to scout players....

Considering Marvin's ability to judge talent, I believe he was checking out all three players.

1. Chris Gamble - because of the need , and probably to make sure that if he's there he's worthy of # 17 .

2. Maurice Clarett - because of the obvious. Corey Dillon might not be traded until after the draft which means that we'd have a hole there. Kenny Watson may be best suited to play the # 3 running back spot like a Stanford Jennings,and Marvin may want a better threat to back up Rudi.

3. Drew Carter - for some reason ( T.J.) :D - the Bengals want to improve the wide receiver corps, and despite Carters' workout, he may still fall to day 2.