Fantasy Football query (Move LJ for Gates and Holt?)

lando griffin

Alright, one of my buddies is thin on RB's, and I have LJ, J. Jones, Gore, and B. Jacobs already. He wants LJ and will give up Antonio Gates (Cooley is my best TE), and one of his WRs (Holt, Galloway, Evans, Bruce).

I really don't think LJ has as much value as he did before their O-line went down, and now that teams will target their running game with Trent out. I think Gates will become more valuable as SD lets the reigns of Rivers in the next couple of weeks, and I would probably take Holt as the receiver in the trade (I have Stallworth, Chambers, Houshyurmama, Wilford, and Jennings at the moment).

Is it retarded to move LJ, or do my Bengalszone brethren think I'd be getting good value in my situation?!?! Give your opinions please!

I think Gore will be up and down, based on the Niners opponent, and Jacobs will play 2nd fiddle all year (barring injury). Try tradin' one of those guys for Gates. - NEVER trade a franchise player.

Is it a touchdown only league? If so, I don't think I would do it. But a yardage league I think I would give it a shot. I am willing to make one trade a season that could make or break me. This way you either look like a FF genius or a goat? Plus I have never been a huge fan of LJ, especially now that his O-Line and QB have been shuffled.

I think I would go for Holt or Galloway. Holt is just about guaranteed while Galloway may be if Simms picks up his game, potential sleeper waiting to happen. Never know...

In the end it is a gut feeling you have to go with.

Is it a touchdown only league? If so, I don't think I would do it. But a yardage league I think I would give it a shot. I am willing to make one trade a season that could make or break me. This way you either look like a FF genius or a goat? Plus I have never been a huge fan of LJ, especially now that his O-Line and QB have been shuffled.

I think I would go for Holt or Galloway. Holt is just about guaranteed while Galloway may be if Simms picks up his game, potential sleeper waiting to happen. Never know...

It's a touchdown and yardage league. I'd be more inclined to do it if the Rams were putting up points or if the Bucs didn't look inept in offense. None of the players in the deal have put up big numbers yet so I don't know. Anyone heard anymore info on Trent's recovery timetable? I'm stumped.

I thought they originally said he was going to be out for a couple of weeks (like around 2 -3). But don't quote me on it.

And that is what I meant with Holt and Galloway. They have started off slow but if they get hot you may have found some trade bait...

It's a touchdown and yardage league. I'd be more inclined to do it if the Rams were putting up points or if the Bucs didn't look inept in offense. None of the players in the deal have put up big numbers yet so I don't know. Anyone heard anymore info on Trent's recovery timetable? I'm stumped.

Green was undergoing tests yesterday. No official word yet, but as of now he's out indefinitely. However. Regardless of whether Green comes back, LJ seems bent on putting up solid numbers every week. Behind him, you're pretty thin at RB. Gore has been a pleasant surprise. JJones has great potential, but has yet to put up consistently in reg season.

Also, this kind of goes against one of my little fantasy rules (for what that's worth), which is to never trade away a guy when his value is down, if you can help it. Maybe Green will come back and the offense will turn around. Maybe LJ will tough it out and put up solid numbers for you despite. I think you have more to gain by waiting to see how this develops in the next couple of weeks than by trading him away right now (for guys positions where you're already relatively strong).