Dillon a Bengal in 05' ?

Jonboat

Rudi was awsome running the ball. The guy slipped through the tiniest of cracks. When Cory tried coming back, I saw him bounce off those same cracks. I do believe that Cory is on the downslide. Everyone reaches a certain age where injuries become more frequent. It's because of ineffectiveness that Cory lost his job. Hey it sucks getting old but you dont have to go nutso on BDSSP. I wish him well on his new team. :D

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There were plenty of times last year that Rudi got caught behind the line of scrimmage as well. Even in the games where he ran well !

But to knock a running back for a loss of yardage is beyond me. I've played just about every spot on the offensive line. To ask the modern O-lineman to consistently block today's defensive lineman on every single running play is an impossibility.

Let's take a look at ( 278 ). 22 total Carries . 12 + yards a carry. However 10 or more of those runs were for no gain or minus 1 yard. On the other plays where Dillon had proper Blocking, and read his cutbacks right, he chewed up the Broncos Defense, and has done it every year he's been here.

* And it was Corey's final touchdown that sealed that win. Because any time a team runs for more than 400 yards in a game, IT SHOULD NOT BE CLOSE !! . But it was, because like usual, Dillon was carrying the team on his back.So saying Rudi can score all by himself, is just preposterous.

ok ... NOW, ... then why did CD continue to start over Rudi..?? - One of the main Reasons he got so pissed off, is because he was taken out , of games that he was healthy for,and running well.

1.They took him out of the Rams game, first 3 carries 28 yards.

--Then he didn't touch it again till the second half.??

2. Browns game - first 3 runs 30 yards, and then they take him out to give Rudi the touchdown..?? 8- carries 50 yards.. I'd be pissed too. -- You may no know this, but players do get incentives written into their contracts.. Wouldn't you be pissed, if you take the team down the field, and then get pulled at the 1 yard line for the " backup " to get the score.??

3. NOW, past, present, future, anti-time (quantum physics )- Dillon would start over Rudi

I hate the things Dillon has said and the way he's acting, BUT Chriscovga makes a great point. Dillon did not play bad at all when he had the chance to run after his injury had healed. Look at the Rams game.....3 carries, 28 yards then...nothing. why'd they stop giving him the ball? Then the Browns game.....3 carries, 30 yards then......what? Only about five more carries the rest of the game? That didn't make much sense to me either. Don't forget the fact he did rush for 100 yards at San Deigo also. We all may be mad at Corey for his attitude, but to say he's suddenly washed up is far from the truth. Dillon is a better running back than Rudi, but I love Rudi's style and his attitude.

There is a reason Barry Sanders and Corey Dillon had trouble winning games. Neither of them were consistent runners. I've often seen statistics showing a large percentage of Sanders' plays were for negative yards. However, he often broke big runs, which is why his yardage totals were so high.

You're kidding right??? Barry Sanders AND Corey Dillon Ran behind horrible lines!!! Especially Sanders!!!

Barry Sanders ran for over 2,000 yards in his last year in the NFL, yet you're going to call him "inconsistent"???

Barry Sanders is the best running back to ever play the game. Michael Vick being referred to Barry Sanders by these announcers today is an insult to Barry.

Barry was an ankle-breaker.

Corey Dillon will probably be in the hall of fame.

HOW IS THIS INCONSISTENT???

Can we lock this thread? I mean, it's ridiculous. If we get offered a good trade, he goes and if not he stays. No way is Corey gonna get cut because if he did, the Ravens (if Jamal goes to the pen), Browns and Steelers(Who would just cut Staley) would be all over him. That's the situ and it isn't gonna change. Knowing this, the polarised opinions on this board aren't gonna change; some want him gone by any means necessary, some will take a trade if it's good value and some want him in stripes until they carry him off the turf at PBS in a bag and most importantly no-one is wavering on their opinion. I don't see how any further progress can be made in this discussion.

chris is right, dillon is the better back past, present, and future. Even last year, he got benched when he was performing well. Rudi came in and either did the same, or less.

The hell with it. I'll even say, yes, his attitude is why the Bengals will never become a winner. Wanna know why? Because they never were before. Don't give me examples of Barry Sanders, or others because it's a completely different team and philosophy. More so, my boss fired someone last month (not me). The dude he fired was awesome, he really knew his stuff. Problem? He showed up late every day, insubordination, and took 2 hour lunches. Funny thing is that our departments production has picked up two fold. Know why? Because our department is hellva lot better off without the crap we had to deal with.

Sure Dillon could post yards. Whippy freakin’ do! He never helped us win!

I don’t care about what happened before. Jamal Lewis helped the Ravens win, Payton Manning helped the Colts win – additionally, he’s the one that made Marvin Harrison who he is today. I don’t care about yards, how hard he ran, or even if he’s alive. All I care about is winning, and he never did such.

More so, he’s problematic, cancerous, spiteful, disruptive, malevolent, hapless, ungrateful, burdensome, snidess, cynical, and a horrible person. He won’t help us win. He won’t do what is necessary to win. He won’t play the game. He’s not a team player. He has to go through national media to show his malicious attitude.

Sure he was decent, but he contributed to the worst decade in NFL history.

The hell with it. I'll even say, yes, his attitude is why the Bengals will never become a winner. Wanna know why? Because they never were before. Don't give me examples of Barry Sanders, or others because it's a completely different team and philosophy. More so, my boss fired someone last month (not me). The dude he fired was awesome, he really knew his stuff. Problem? He showed up late every day, insubordination, and took 2 hour lunches. Funny thing is that our departments production has picked up two fold. Know why? Because our department is hellva lot better off without the crap we had to deal with.

Sure Dillon could post yards. Whippy freakin’ do! He never helped us win!

I don’t care about what happened before. Jamal Lewis helped the Ravens win, Payton Manning helped the Colts win – additionally, he’s the one that made Marvin Harrison who he is today. I don’t care about yards, how hard he ran, or even if he’s alive. All I care about is winning, and he never did such.

More so, he’s problematic, cancerous, spiteful, disruptive, malevolent, hapless, ungrateful, burdensome, snidess, cynical, and a horrible person. He won’t help us win. He won’t do what is necessary to win. He won’t play the game. He’s not a team player. He has to go through national media to show his malicious attitude.

Josh, tell us how you really feel? Don't hold anything back this time. :lol:

Well if that ain't the truth I don't know what is. The only reason I have supported keeping Dillon is to punish him...Never let him suit up, never let him play ever again, piss him off enough to make him screw up with the loyalty clause, then he owes the team money on top of it all. I've said it before, and I'll say it again, I really think the Bengals should try to destroy Dillon's career.....Don't just release him and give the spoiled little man what he wants, crush him....But again, I'm a cruel SOB....

The hell with it.  I'll even say, yes, his attitude is why the Bengals will never become a winner.  Wanna know why?  Because they never were before.  Don't give me examples of Barry Sanders, or others because it's a completely different team and philosophy.  More so, my boss fired someone last month (not me).  The dude he fired was awesome, he really knew his stuff.  Problem?  He showed up late every day, insubordination, and took 2 hour lunches.  Funny thing is that our departments production has picked up two fold.  Know why?  Because our department is hellva lot better off without the crap we had to deal with.

Sure Dillon could post yards.  Whippy freakin’ do!  He never helped us win!

I don’t care about what happened before.  Jamal Lewis helped the Ravens win, Payton Manning helped the Colts win – additionally, he’s the one that made Marvin Harrison who he is today.  I don’t care about yards, how hard he ran, or even if he’s alive. All I care about is winning, and he never did such. 

More so, he’s problematic, cancerous, spiteful, disruptive, malevolent, hapless, ungrateful, burdensome, snidess, cynical, and a horrible person.  He won’t help us win.  He won’t do what is necessary to win.  He won’t play the game.  He’s not a team player.  He has to go through national media to show his malicious attitude. 

Josh, tell us how you really feel? Don't hold anything back this time. :lol:

Well if that ain't the truth I don't know what is. The only reason I have supported keeping Dillon is to punish him...Never let him suit up, never let him play ever again, piss him off enough to make him screw up with the loyalty clause, then he owes the team money on top of it all. I've said it before, and I'll say it again, I really think the Bengals should try to destroy Dillon's career.....Don't just release him and give the spoiled little man what he wants, crush him....But again, I'm a cruel SOB....

No, I agree. If he's going to be a dick and a jerk to our organization, let's do the same to him. After all, he broke the loyalty clause. He should lose every bit of his signing bonus! He slammed our city. He criticized Marvin and slammed Willie. More so, he attacked Rudi, whose the consummate professional. I don't like the jerk and I haven't since his original bitching back in 2000.

He may have already violated that clause. I doubt Mike would persue it though. ;)

Oh, I think the Bengals are waiting for him to really screw up, he is probably borderline now...But come time to report to training camp he is likely to really push it and then whammo, he's paying the Bengals....

Also, I wonder how the clause is worded, even if he's traded would he half to speak nice, or not at all about the Bengals??? Cause that would be funny, trade him, he rips the Bengals, and he has to pay them... B)

Well Corey didn't speak ill about the team that would affect Brown himself. He just slammed our coach -- whom I call savior --, our pro-bowl tackle and Rudi Johnson. I doubt that's against the clause. But if Dillon were to speak bad against Mikey, then maybe we'd have something to REALLY talk about. :lol:

chris is right, dillon is the better back past, present, and future. Even last year, he got benched when he was performing well. Rudi came in and either did the same, or less.

He also got benched when he wasn't playing well. Anyone remember his 7 carries for 5 yards performance against Arizona? There is no question that Dillon can break long runs. He can. But there is absolutely no difference between a long run and a medium or long pass.

Shown another way - a sack is a much heralded statistic in football. However, there is little difference between catching a running back in the backfield and catching a quarterback in the backfield. If your running back cannot get positive yardage, you have essentially been sacked. Sacks hurt because now you have not only lost yardage, you will have to pass on the next down. When defenses know you have to pass, they can tailor the defense to stopping the pass. Thus, your chance of success goes down.

Conversely, when you get positive yardage on your running plays, defenses have to respect the run. You can either run again or pass on the next down. You chances of a successful play go up. You can keep the ball longer. Your chances of winning go up.

Rudi Johnson is better at Corey at hitting the hole hard and gaining positive yardage. Dillon developed a nasty habit of shuffling his feet and avoiding contact last year, even before he hurt his groin. It was a habit that has grown for a few years now. While he can still break a few nice runs, he just isn't consistent enough to be a our starting runner. Rudi is, and thus Rudi is the better back.

i was at that arizona game, rudi did jack diddly squat after dillon was pulled. Yes dillon needs to be traded, but if we cant trade him, my vote would be to keep him, see if he shows and play him if he shows. If he doesnt show, that ends the argument right there.