The Reds are playing .500 baseball

BengalszoneBilly

...but I'm surprised. Maybe they WILL do better than everyone here thinks. I honestly think they fare no better than fourth in the N.L. Central, but with this stronger than expected showing in Florida, maybe third or better is obtainable.

Wouldn't it be awesome to have both the Reds and the Bengals return to the playoffs in the same year? When is the last time THAT happened!?! Anybody know? :blink:

You sure are the optimist BILLY...But the REDS probably be lucky to finish above

lowly PIRATES an BREWERS. weak pitching, no catchers, avg. outfield{ above when healthy). and the infield well you guessed it. Its going to be along summer

for MARTY AN JOE. :(

Oh omnipotent and athletically impotent one! Bill, I am surprised as a Cincinnatian - albeit transplanted to San Diego, Las Vegas, Prescott - that you don't recall Cincy's heyday of 1990! Reds - of course won the World Series sweeping the A's and leaving the Bash Brothers in a heap while Ace pitcher Stewart cried in the press that they were still the better team even though they got swept - yeah right! In the same year, the Bengals finished 9-7 - tied with the Houston Oilers for the division lead - but grabbing the AFC Central title on tiebreakers to go into the playoffs. So the answer to your query is 1990!

Oh omnipotent and athletically impotent one! Bill, I am surprised as a Cincinnatian - albeit transplanted to San Diego, Las Vegas, Prescott - that you don't recall Cincy's heyday of 1990! Reds - of course won the World Series sweeping the A's and leaving the Bash Brothers in a heap while Ace pitcher Stewart cried in the press that they were still the better team even though they got swept - yeah right! In the same year, the Bengals finished 9-7 - tied with the Houston Oilers for the division lead - but grabbing the AFC Central title on tiebreakers to go into the playoffs. So the answer to your query is 1990!

Hey! I'm not impotent! I just totally forgot the Bengals making the playoff that year. And that WAS the last time they went, If I'm not mistaken. Either way we're way overdue for both teams to go again!

And wasn't Stewart a Puss! :lol:

Okay guy's! The Reds lead the Cubs in winning percentage in the Grapefruit League standings! I'm starting to smell a sleeper team here!! :blink:

Okay...okay. I'm just looking for some reason to get excited about Opening Day for chrissakes!! :rolleyes:

I'm going to say right, right now, the Reds will be good this year. I may be an eternal opptimist, but we got rid of four players to pick up 8 pitching prospects. If even half of them perform good this year, they'll keep us in the game and our bats will provide a decided advange.

I really think the Reds can and will finish in 3rd place, but I also think the Reds could challenge the Astros for 2nd. Houston has too many inconsistancies. First of all, the signing of Andy Petitte is going to be an Astro disappointment. His record was good, sure; but he the Yankees bats behind him. Now he has aging players whose production numbers have gone down. I really believe our bats are the best NL Central. Yes, better than the Cubs, Cards, and 'Stros.

I'm ready for Reds baseball, I'm ready for a little change right now.