What about running yard?

vettespd20

I have been kind of worried about running yards for this season. I mean Dillon is basically gone, and I am not confident that RUDI is the future for the Bengals. I now have NO RESPECT FOR DILLOR, and I am not defending him but RUDI is far from a DILLON. I think we need to get a big name for Half Back, I am not seeing much in RUDI at all, I dunno I just dont see it. I do understand that we now have a gun of an arm at QBACK but we need to be able to run the ball so we can confuse the DEFENSE. I think having a great RUNNING offence and the GUN at QB would keep Defences lost and we will have a lot more big plays and less picks, and MORE RED ZONE TDS. Just my .02.

WHO DEY!!!

rudi is what 23-24 yrs of age and had 954 or so yards last year almost 1000 yard season and rudi wasnt even the primary back. rudi and dillon shared the ball last year dillon didnt carry the rock as much but what if rudi wouldve carried the ball and didnt share carries imagine how many yards he couldve had. i think rudi will be fine and a future star back pro bowler but thats just my opinion. :blink:

I'm not sold on Rudi being a star , but he can be a very dominant runner when he's got the hot hand like last year.

* in his only year with the Auburn Tigers, he broke Bo' Jacksons consecutive 100 yard games record with 10. He's a down hill runner with a 'lil scat back in him.-I do think ,that he has the potential to catch more passes out of the backfield than Dillon could. Rudi looks more like a passing threat than CD.He should do well on screens, and flat passes.

* Rudi will get his 1000 yards in '04, but the ? will be, who will be his backup. Having CD come in after Rudi kept Defenses honest.So we need a backup threat.

Personally, I think Jim Anderson has a lot to do with it....It might sound dumb, but he's been highly successful with our backs....Jeremi Johnson included....

Weve been so spoiled with 1000 yard back every year for a while we seem a little anxious....not to worry I say....

not to worry I say....

Me too. Why? I think we're going to be airing it out with Carson taking the snaps throwing to our inarguably AWESOME recieving corps. I just hope Carson is as good as Boomer was at the play action pass! :)

I understand that you can't be sure that Rudi will be a star RB. How could you? Sure we will need a quality back-up when we finally jettison our moronic cancer. I also don't know how you could be anything less than excited about R-U-D-I. He is the only player in Bengal history to go off for 150 or more in a game three times in a season. He ran for very close to 1,000 yards on limited carries. If he gets all the snaps that he should have, he probably would have gone for 1,300 to 1,500. You cannot expect any more from any player. He is young and wants to and probably will get better. In addition he was nothing short of a stand-up guy and team player. The kind of player we should and in my case, do, want.

Feed the ball to Rudi 25 to 30 times each game and mix in a good vertical passing game and I, for one am very excited about the next five years under Marv!

The offense is ready to go and Marv will fix the defense as soon as it can be done.

Be patient guys. I think that you will be surprised and very pleased when the history of the Marvin Lewis era has been written.

Chuck Taylor

The Bengals have a very good record when it comes to rushing > 20 times a game. I think the "streak" can continue if they do the same with Rudi Johnson.

However, whomever said that Rudi Johnson can't stand up to Corey's running style is DEAD-ON. Corey's attitude may suck, but he's damned good.

I think it's questionable whether Rudi will be able to take the load rushing.

Let's discuss some factors why I think this.

First of all, the league didn't know Rudi Johnson and couldn't scout him because they lacked games and tape. Now most NFL teams, mostly whom we play, will probably scout his tendencies more and develop keys for plays they run, like Power O.

Secondly, after Corey went down the passing game was used more primarily. Chad Johnson was recognized more as the offensive threat and P-Dub had a career year. This takes the focus off Rudi as well. Can Rudi be affective if the passing game isn’t?

Thirdly, Rudi's career stats at the beginning of games in comparison to the end of games are drastically different. He needs to establish himself sooner so Carson can take control of the game by the second quarter. However, I'll give both the benefit of the doubt because it seems Brat panicked a little much.

Now we have to be a little cautious this season because of a new QB handing him the ball, a new guard to block and a probable revised defense from opponents.

I think Rudi could have a good season, and maybe career, but he needs to answer his critics this season and I think he could as long as Brat lets him.

First and foremost, Rudi needs to sign that tender. Cincy' probably can't re-do his contract until October after the trade deadline, like they did with Chad.Cincy' is gonna have to come up with something sooner or later before the draft though,because it appears Dillon isn't going anywhere.

-- Don't mean to sound pessimistic, but unless we hear a trade by end of week, Dillon is gonna be a Bengal in '04.-

I haven't really changed my stance... I'm just losing faith in the front office .

-I've seen better sales pitches by " crackheads " .

-But overall, If he did come back, I'd rather have that, then to be forced to draft a rb, when we should be drafting for the defense, and the offensive line.

--Like I said.. Dillon's had to eat crow before, It wouldn't be any surprise to me to see him do it again. I just wonder how W.Anderson will get payback."CAUSE Paybacks' a mutha...... :ph34r: