Tiger Woods

semiotter

Hey im not a golf fan at all, but I was wondering if there are more people like me that just watch because Tiger is doing well that weekend? I mean I dont cancel any plans or anything but if im surfing the ole TV and spot this on TV I will watch. But no one dominates his or her sport like Tiger does he is or will be the greatest golfer of all time and has brought alot of fans to this game to, so theres no telling what he has done for the sport($$$$$$$). He has many records seems like every time he plays he gets another one, like Sundays 1 st player ever to win 2 majors back to back years. Man thats alot of people before him never to do this. Oh welll just wanted to see what some of you golfers thought on this subject???? im out.......................... :D

I've been playing golf since I was little, and consider myself to be pretty good (about 4 handicap) Let me first say I have never been a fan of Tiger's swing. I affiliate gold with being graceful, and Tiger's swing is all power and looks forceful to me at times. I prefer the more fluid swings like Ernie Els and Davis Love III.

What impresses me with Tiger, wait, what is so awe inspiring and absolutely amazing about Tiger is the mental side of his game. Golf isn't a physical sport. Short, tall, fat, small, all guys can play the sport. But few really KNOW HOW to play. It's all about confidence, strategy, course managemnt, and knowing yourself. There's no timeout to save you, no teamate to pass to and bail you out. You have an off day, and you're completely exsposed. Mentally, Tiger is on a level that few people in the history of mankind have experienced.

My favorite Tiger was the guy a couple of years ago whose game wasn't all there, that clawed and grinded and scrambled his way to the top of the leaderboard and won anyway, on nothing but confidence and guts.

Personally, I'm the kind of guy that pretty much wears his emotions on his sleeve. I can get riled up pretty easily and it's not hard to see where I stand. This may sound corny, but I keep a quote in my wallet for myself that was written a couple years ago about Tiger Woods. Here it is

"Channel you anger and frustration into heightened concentration and resolve"

If you can't tell, I feel pretty strongly about this game, and Tiger Woods AMAZES me.

Yeah, I absolutely love watching him play. I'm a terrible golfer, but I love the game, and will watch any time he's playing.

Normally, when someone dominates like this, I'll root against them. It gets boring to me when someone wins constantly. In this case, though, I just can't help pulling for the guy. You've got to admire what he does, and more importantly, HOW he does it. He's a classy guy, and I appreciate that.

Damn, I was kinda hoping this thead would take off so I could get in some golf discussion.

BTW, Golf is the hardest sport there is.

I have played it one time and thats not much but it was the hardest sport i ever tried ,they make it look so easy on TV, and its far from that...

I used to play golf alot when I was a kid, I also played Baseball. The hardest activity in any sport is hitting a baseball with any degree of success. Golf is simple compared to the difficulty ingrained in getting solid contact on a moving ball.

I played Golf untill I became bored of the 1-2 stroke difference that I always came away with. It is a sport in which if you do not play many holes a day you will reach a certain level and become stuck at. My level years ago was 4-5 strokes above par outing after outing. I for one can not afford the time and money needed to play such a boring game.