New guy in the booth next year

jjakq27

From the "there is a Santa Claus, Virginia" files, the Reds have declined to renew the contract of announcer Steve Stewart. While it was difficult to step in and replace Joe Nuxhall or live up to comparisons to Marty Brenneman, Stewart seemed to lack the basic ability to translate the excitement of the moment into his broadcast.

It was difficult to tell what was going on sometimes. Home run calls or great plays often had little enthusiasm and other times he seemed to force things when it wasn't necessary.

My pick would be Chris Welch from the Reds FOX Ohio TV booth.

http://news.enquirer.com/apps/pbcs.dll/art...SPT04/608200449

http://news.enquirer.com/apps/pbcs.dll/art...SPT04/399990107

My very loud and supportive vote goes to Tracy Jones!! Brenamen and Jones have a radio spot together on WLW. They seem to have a good chemistry on air together.

You're kidding right? There's history there (between the two of them) and it will NEVER happen.

Besides that, Jones is a egomaniacal idiot. I really wish Cincinnatians could hear sports talk from something more intelligent than morons like Furman and Jones. WLW used to have decent programming. Now, I can't stand listening to it when I'm in town. I have to resort to listening to the "four letter" network.

My very loud and supportive vote goes to Tracy Jones!! Brenamen and Jones have a radio spot together on WLW. They seem to have a good chemistry on air together.

You're kidding right? There's history there (between the two of them) and it will NEVER happen.

Besides that, Jones is a egomaniacal idiot. I really wish Cincinnatians could hear sports talk from something more intelligent than morons like Furman and Jones. WLW used to have decent programming. Now, I can't stand listening to it when I'm in town. I have to resort to listening to the "four letter" network.

"HEY" you be nice to the Fur Ball.......... :angry:

Chris Welsh, while I think he does well, isn't the type that could do play by play for three innings. He might, I just don't see him doing that any better than Stewart and the team doing that. Welsh and Grande are fine together and I’m sure they’re fine with their chemistry.

Bench would be a decent choice, but you know an ego collision is soon with Marty. Plus, you have to ask, does he really want a 190 game schedule (pre-season included)?

Larkin?

Some are saying Marty's son Thom who's pretty well respected and is high profile these days.

I too don't care about Jones. And I'll put money he's not interested. He does some financial stuff for his day job and does radio during his free time.

I like Fuhrman. I think he brings a different perspective in sports radio and develops conversations. He just doesn't sit there rattle off stats. But personally, I'm not interested in other cities and their sports talk. I think Fuhrman is just fine. His conversations DO bring out callers and his show is more integrated to the callers and THEIR opinion. But he’s not a play-by-play guy either.

A big F no to Jim Day. Please. No. God, please. No.

Dan Hoard would be a fine choice too.

Chris Welsh, while I think he does well, isn't the type that could do play by play for three innings. He might, I just don't see him doing that any better than Stewart and the team doing that. Welsh and Grande are fine together and I’m sure they’re fine with their chemistry.

Bench would be a decent choice, but you know an ego collision is soon with Marty. Plus, you have to ask, does he really want a 190 game schedule (pre-season included)?

Larkin?

Some are saying Marty's son Thom who's pretty well respected and is high profile these days.

I too don't care about Jones. And I'll put money he's not interested. He does some financial stuff for his day job and does radio during his free time.

I like Fuhrman. I think he brings a different perspective in sports radio and develops conversations. He just doesn't sit there rattle off stats. But personally, I'm not interested in other cities and their sports talk. I think Fuhrman is just fine. His conversations DO bring out callers and his show is more integrated to the callers and THEIR opinion. But he’s not a play-by-play guy either.

A big F no to Jim Day. Please. No. God, please. No.

Dan Hoard would be a fine choice too.

You and I agree on something? Cool.

I am intrigued by Larkin or Eric Davis...

Maybe Dave Lapham....I can hear him chanting "come on baby, yeah baby, come on baby", while Marty goes...."and this one is outta here....home run...."

His Star of the Game show sign off might be, "and this is the old left guard inside the 20 and heading for the endzone, good night everyone."

Maybe Dave Lapham....I can hear him chanting "come on baby, yeah baby, come on baby", while Marty goes...."and this one is outta here....home run...."

His Star of the Game show sign off might be, "and this is the old left guard inside the 20 and heading for the endzone, good night everyone."

Much love for the Max Patkin pics! Truly a classic. A one of a kind treasure.

Much love for the Max Patkin pics! Truly a classic. A one of a kind treasure.

I'm glad you like 'em. I always love seeing clips of him doing his schtick.

For a long time the current state of MLB uniforms and urban clothing in general has pissed me off. Guys wearing the crooked and oversized lids, baggy shirts and pants that resemble PJs has irked me to no end. But somewhere in my subconscious I knew that I have seen that look before.

Then it came to me the other day. Max Patkin the Baseball Clown. Thus my new signature.

I hope those guys know how ridiculous they look.

For a long time the current state of MLB uniforms and urban clothing in general has pissed me off. Guys wearing the crooked and oversized lids, baggy shirts and pants that resemble PJs has irked me to no end.

Hey, I think the same way about the childish CFL like NFL uniforms that exist today. Let's get back to basics!