Askew Cut

Larry

MEAN MACHINE "PAROLES" ASKEW

The latest member of the Mean Machine to be arrested has become the first to be released from the team.

The Bengals cut on Tuesday defensive tackle Mathias Askew because, according to coach Marvin Lewis, he was being outperformed.

The next guy with questions swirling around him to be dumped could be linebacker Odell Thurman. Though Thurman is with the team and practicing, a reader alerted us to the fact that the team has slashed the prices on Thurman-related merchandise. A replica jersey can be had for $40, and an 8"X10" photo was cut in price by 80 percent, to $1.00. Whether this means that Thurman soon will be joining Askew on the "outside" remains to be seen.

You've got to love PFT lately. Recent headlines include...

Farve to retire today.

Farve not retiring.

Super-Agent Steinberg retires.

Steinberg not retiring.

Turds I have known.

No joke, I e-mailed a one-line note to our boy Dante the other day, saying simply..."You're not very good at this, are you? So why bother?" He replied that he continues to write in the hopes that he'll get better someday.

I doubt Askew was cut because of one outing by Peko. I'd say it was the result of his own issues.

No joke, I e-mailed a one-line note to our boy Dante the other day, saying simply..."You're not very good at this, are you? So why bother?" He replied that he continues to write in the hopes that he'll get better someday.

:lmao: