NASCAR Thunder 2004

Kirkendall

Hey fellas, I just bought EA NASCAR Thunder 2004 with a steering wheel and pedals. MAN!, it's a ton of fun. You'll probably be seeing less of me for a few weeks :lol:

Damn Josh!! I haven't seen you here for 8+ hours!! I'm going out to buy that game right now!! :o

IT'S NOT AVAILABLE IN NZ YOU BLOODY YANKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :angry:

You know damn well you can buy it on line from dozens of places. If that's a problem, I'll buy it for you here and you can reimburse me. B)

You know damn well you can buy it on line from dozens of places. If that's a problem, I'll buy it for you here and you can reimburse me. B)

Yeah, but not for my Xbox....And My PC isn't really up to handle it.

My PC isn't really up to handle it.

I can sympathize here. I'm eeking by here with a Pentium II and an old Voodoo III graphics board! Most of the new games released for PC are VERY graphics intensive, and require a high end video board. By high end I mean at least $200 just for openers!

In contrast you can pick up an X-Box or Play Station, which does double duty as a DVD player for less than that! The ONLY reason I haven't gone that route is those stupid, hand cramping controllers that come with those systems! They can't touch the precision of a mouse or joystick/steering wheel for ease of use, commonly in conjuction with a keyboard!

I recently read where Microsoft has written a new program that allows X-Box games to be played on P.C. as well. About freakin' time. This has been possible for a couple years due to "emulator" programs available for download off a variety of sites on the net. More than likely they cloned one of these programs for this purpose.

I should just break down and get a whole new computer. <_<

My PC isn't really up to handle it.

I can sympathize here. I'm eeking by here with a Pentium II and an old Voodoo III graphics board! Most of the new games released for PC are VERY graphics intensive, and require a high end video board. By high end I mean at least $200 just for openers!

In contrast you can pick up an X-Box or Play Station, which does double duty as a DVD player for less than that! The ONLY reason I haven't gone that route is those stupid, hand cramping controllers that come with those systems! They can't touch the precision of a mouse or joystick/steering wheel for ease of use, commonly in conjuction with a keyboard!

I recently read where Microsoft has written a new program that allows X-Box games to be played on P.C. as well. About freakin' time. This has been possible for a couple years due to "emulator" programs available for download off a variety of sites on the net. More than likely they cloned one of these programs for this purpose.

I should just break down and get a whole new computer. <_<

Well, I say get a new computer....But I must say I love my X-Box...Nothing beats it for sports games, and I must say the controllers don't bother my hands either....But then, even if it did I wouldn't stop playing ESPN Football...I'm an addict :D

You know damn well you can buy it on line from dozens of places. If that's a problem, I'll buy it for you here and you can reimburse me.  B)

Yeah, but not for my Xbox....And My PC isn't really up to handle it.

If you bought your X-Box there, then I don't think an American bought game (bought in the states) will work because of region codes. I'm not sure if XBox installed that, but if they did then only games bought in that region will play on the console.

If you bought your X-Box there, then I don't think an American bought game (bought in the states) will work because of region codes. I'm not sure if XBox installed that, but if they did then only games bought in that region will play on the console.

Very true....Every console is like that :angry: This is the first console that I ever bought in NZ though cause they finally wised up to football games, I brought in a PS1 and Dreamcast from the states so I could play real games....Of course I could get my Xbox modded, but not while it's still under warranty :ph34r:

If you guys want to get a new computer, I highly recommend you build it rather than buy it. You could probably save up to 50% or more. All you have to do is research companies that make parts you require to put it together (ie research video cards with NVIDIA or ATI) etc. After researching the part you want -- which includes compatibility and increased benchmarks if possible -- research various companies, web sites, retail stores (least likely option), resellers for the best pricing.

It takes some work and time, but in the end you'll save money on a computer that's top of the line. I built my home PC with an AMD 1700+ XP, when it first came out with 100 gig HD, 4400 GeForce 4 card, Audigy MP3 2, and 1.5 gig of RAM for less than $1,000. Market value was about $2,500 at the time. So you can save some serious green!

If you bought your X-Box there, then I don't think an American bought game (bought in the states) will work because of region codes.  I'm not sure if XBox installed that, but if they did then only games bought in that region will play on the console.

Very true....Every console is like that :angry: This is the first console that I ever bought in NZ though cause they finally wised up to football games, I brought in a PS1 and Dreamcast from the states so I could play real games....Of course I could get my Xbox modded, but not while it's still under warranty :ph34r:

Yea, I guess the only option would be -- if you want to play games only avaiable through the states -- is to order it from a States store. Man, this could cost a ton and I wonder if there'll be tariffs involved or increased tax from importing another countries product, not referring to regional or mass exports.

I agree Josh. Building it yourself is cheaper, and you can make it the exact way YOU want it. I just assembled one for my mom. New case, motherboard, Celeron processor, installed two hard drives so in case one gets hosed, with the turn of a key, she's got her backup online, operating system and all, until someone can fix the hosed one for her. (She's not a troubleshooter in the least! :lol: )

Plus I had the enjoyment of building it myself. Learned ALOT! I thought I'd start on her's because it would be much simpler than mine!

Yea, I guess the only option would be -- if you want to play games only avaiable through the states -- is to order it from a States store. Man, this could cost a ton and I wonder if there'll be tariffs involved or increased tax from importing another countries product, not referring to regional or mass exports.

Well, shipping from EB is hellishly expensive...But then they fed ex it, so no wonder. But I'd get my Mom to send it over after getting it shipped to her place for free...besides, my cousin works for Fed Ex so I get stuff shipped to me at next to nothing. As for the value, you can sendup to like $400 to an individual and they just ignore it, it's when it's a big money item or lot's of things that look like they could be onsold, that they get you. I've found that out the hard way when my mom bought heaps of clothes for my daughter, and left the bloddy tags on....cost me $100NZ.... :angry:

If you guys want to get a new computer, I highly recommend you build it rather than buy it. You could probably save up to 50% or more. All you have to do is research companies that make parts you require to put it together (ie research video cards with NVIDIA or ATI) etc. After researching the part you want -- which includes compatibility and increased benchmarks if possible -- research various companies, web sites, retail stores (least likely option), resellers for the best pricing.

It takes some work and time, but in the end you'll save money on a computer that's top of the line. I built my home PC with an AMD 1700+ XP, when it first came out with 100 gig HD, 4400 GeForce 4 card, Audigy MP3 2, and 1.5 gig of RAM for less than $1,000. Market value was about $2,500 at the time. So you can save some serious green!

Oh, I'd never ever buy a store bought PC again, I've been building PC's since about 93. My problem is that I've got such a beast at work that everything feels slow if I don't get a similar machine....I ain't paying a few grand for a computer, but I'll let work do it :D They pay for the parts, I build it. They just need to let me take it home with me.

Oh, I'd never ever buy a store bought PC again, I've been building PC's since about 93. My problem is that I've got such a beast at work that everything feels slow if I don't get a similar machine....I ain't paying a few grand for a computer, but I'll let work do it :D They pay for the parts, I build it. They just need to let me take it home with me.

Boy you got that right. The PCs stores make give you crap for parts, unneeded and solicitant software, and crap for warranties.

For anyone else reading this if you build a PC, get warranties for all of your parts. My motherboard fan and heatsink went out and my board just burnt up inside. I got an upgrade for a few $ more. The warranties are worth it my friends.

Back to Kev - And even more so your right because my machine, at the time, was faster than anyone else. I had this thing from pushing the button to complete boot less than 10 seconds (now it's like 30, but I have so much junk on here and I use it as a test webserver also) and if I deal with anything slower (like all of the PCs I work with at work) I have to go outside for a cigarette. :D

I agree Josh. Building it yourself is cheaper, and you can make it the exact way YOU want it. I just assembled one for my mom. New case, motherboard, Celeron processor, installed two hard drives so in case one gets hosed, with the turn of a key, she's got her backup online, operating system and all, until someone can fix the hosed one for her. (She's not a troubleshooter in the least! :lol: )

Plus I had the enjoyment of building it myself. Learned ALOT! I thought I'd start on her's because it would be much simpler than mine!

I love building PCs. They are especially fun when you have unlimited funds and can build the beast of all time. They are very easy to build, I think more people are intimidated by them, but PC manufactures have made computer building so dummy-proof, I honestly don't see how anyone can't build one now a-days.

I love building PCs. They are especially fun when you have unlimited funds and can build the beast of all time. They are very easy to build, I think more people are intimidated by them, but PC manufactures have made computer building so dummy-proof, I honestly don't see how anyone can't build one now a-days.

Until someone loses a finger on case....That's some sharp metal....But the biggest problem for people is the "mystique" of the computer....They can't get their head around it....it's intimidating to them....go figure

I love building PCs.  They are especially fun when you have unlimited funds and can build the beast of all time.  They are very easy to build, I think more people are intimidated by them, but PC manufactures have made computer building so dummy-proof, I honestly don't see how anyone can't build one now a-days.

Until someone loses a finger on case....That's some sharp metal....But the biggest problem for people is the "mystique" of the computer....They can't get their head around it....it's intimidating to them....go figure

It was to me until I broke mine open when I was about 10 or 11 and the rest is history. I work in computers now and because I can't do what I really want, I hate my job :D