Cross Off Denver

HoosierCat

Broncos | Hearst Signs One-Year Deal - from www.KFFL.com

Thu, 25 Mar 2004 14:09:46 -0800

Updating a previous report,

Len Pasquarelli, of ESPN.com, reports the contract free agent RB Garrison Hearst (49ers) signed with the Denver Broncos is a one-year deal believed to include a base salary of $760,000, according to a source.

The pickup doesnt change the fact that Oakland needs a veteran such as Dillon, but what it does do is take one possible suitor off the table. I still cant figure why Dallas and Detroit are not going after Dillon. Surely, they dont think he'll be cheaper after the Bengals release him. I can actually see Oakland giving Fargas a chance and Detroit Pinner but Dallas? They must be looking to the draft. I know Dillon has been a stud for years but I think every player reaches an age where injuries take their toll. Dillon couldnt stay healthy last year and that is not going to demand much trade value. Ive said it before, we should have taken whatever we could get for him. I only hope its not too late. At this point that snicker's bar is starting to look good:unsure:

Yeah, I have to agree with Jungle Fever here. Denver's signing of Hearst , is really more of a threat to a Dillon trade than anything.

--Broncos can't honestly believe that Hearst is an answer to the running back situation. However, they will probably do the 'Philly thing and have a running back by committee.--Also shows their distaste for Dillon.

--Detroit may be willing to step up now, but they sit so high, any number of backs could fall to them, and Artose Pinner will get better before he gets worse.

--Parcells doesn't even like Hambrick,and Wiley is a fringe player at best. He could make a deal for Dillon, especially with Dillon's statements that he's they type of coach he wants to play for.Either way Dallas has leverage because they could draft a rb at # 22. Somebody will have to convince the "tuna" that Dillon is a better option ,for his second round pick, so he can draft a lineman in round 1.

--Oakland has to free up cap room to get Dillon,and Mike Brown will be negotiating the deal. Brown will not let Dillon go come June 1st. He is not going to pay a player in his prime when he's not even on the roster. He's still paying for Akili !

--New England is not one headache' type of players regardless of their salaries. They'll cut anyone , at anytime while not saying a word about it. Dillon could go there, but why , when they have 2 first round picks and could move up or stay put to get running back they want.