Jeff Gordon rules

semiotter

Love this win for Gordon. Back in the top ten!!!

Thought the race was pretty much over. Gordon was down by 1.5 or so seconds with less than 10 laps to go. Making up that in so few laps was awesome. Would rather have seen Gordon pass Kenseth clean, but I don't see any problem with what Gordon did. It's a part of racing.

Stop with the lovefest bossman.. :P

Call it what it is. It's Payback.. I'll accept that. But I'd hardly call that a clean pass... I mean, a caution came out!!!! :D

Sorry, just hoping Gordon can get into The Chase this year. :sure:

I didn't think it was clean, just wishing it was a clean pass. All Gordon needs is someone out there looking for a little payback with him on the bubble to make The Chase.

Your right.

With Gordon, I think this win really helped. They're biggest problem last season was the 1.5 mile tracks.. well, it's been a problem for awhile. I heard that last time he won at one of those tracks was in 2002 (???)

We know he's a good short-track and road racer and he always has a good restrictor plate program. This win may have given that #24 team a extra vote of confidence.

I honestly think he's a shoe-in for the chase though.. he's had great runs, just some poor and unlucky finishes.

What pisses me off to no end are the Gordon hating fans that tossed beer cans on the track.That's twice now,Chicago and Talladega.

You know why?Because I can take a cooler with beer into the track.If this happens a few more times,Nascar will end the practice,and we'll get to pay $8 for a cup of beer.

I just hate it because it'll hijack the news and threads on forums :P

But your point about the beer is soooo in need of being heard.

I don't think it was just Jeff Gordon haters. I think a lot more people were just mad at the way he did it. People were expecting a showdown, but saw a puff of smoke and that was that.

The thing is Gordon used tactics that he is known for. He literally bumped his way to 4 titles and NASCAR looked the other way. Now NASCAR was cracking down on this by black flagging the offender until the Golden Boy bumped his way to the win. He should have been blacked flagged for rough driving, period!!! If this had been any other driver, they would have been blacked flag. This is a clear case of NASCAR trying to get both Jr. and the Golden Boy into the chase. Instead of racing Kenseth clean, Gordon resorted to his cheap shot tactics and NASCAR looked the other way. There will be retribution and Gordon had better be looking in his rearview mirror.

There will be retribution and Gordon had better be looking in his rearview mirror.

Wasn't this retribution for Kenseth spinning Gordon out earlier this year? Kenseth does it that's just racing, Gordon does it it's dirty racing.

I seem to remember a certain #3 that did alot more bumping/spinning to other racers to win than #24 has ever done.

There will always be #24 haters, just like I will always root for JR. to not finish any race I watch. Gordon races clean more often than not, drivers like Kurt Busch and Tony Stewart (this season) have just brought rough driving into the glare of the media.

Not every driver can race as clean as Bobby Labonte, Nascar would suck if people did not take out other drivers. There would not be anything for the haters to bitch about.

I saw a statement from Gordon the other day in which he stated that he "was racing to win", but he stopped short of saying that he intentionally spun Matt Kenseth to do it. So, instead of racing him clean, he intentionally spun Kenseth to win the race. Folks, this is considered rough driving and he should have been black flagged for it. NASCAR has been cracking down on rough driving lately and this is clearly a case of it. As far as I am concerned, NASCAR turned the other cheek because it was their "golden boy". And they don't want to do anything to hurt his chances of making the Chase.

I saw a statement from Gordon the other day in which he stated that he "was racing to win", but he stopped short of saying that he intentionally spun Matt Kenseth to do it. So, instead of racing him clean, he intentionally spun Kenseth to win the race. Folks, this is considered rough driving and he should have been black flagged for it. NASCAR has been cracking down on rough driving lately and this is clearly a case of it. As far as I am concerned, NASCAR turned the other cheek because it was their "golden boy". And they don't want to do anything to hurt his chances of making the Chase.

I just want to know why Kenseth wasn't black flagged for spinning Gordon earlier in the year if he's their golden boy?

I can't speak for NASCAR, and this assumption will be weak at best, but I think it's a difference of the track and the nature of them. I mean, Bristol. And Kenseth admitted he did it, tried to apologize, and said what drivers have seen for years; it just takes a slight tap to make someone squirrelly.

Whereas Chicago, well, I honestly think Gordon saw him and had plenty of options. Considering Gordon was on probation, the track being a 170MPH turn on exit, and they were fighting for the lead, I think Gordon looks more like he's a campaign of vendettas; and it made more sense to penalize him. NASCAR just believes it was a "racing incident". I can see where people see a one-sided view of NASCAR from the big-dogs in regards to Gordon.

Anyone notice he reminded us of Tony Stewart knocking him out of one race?

He said just THIS weekend.

"Tony Stewart got me last year, and I haven't done a thing," he said after last week's race. "But if we come down to a win and it gets tight like that, he'd better expect the same thing."

http://www.thatsracin.com/mld/thatsracin/15047664.htm

I have nothing against Gordon. I have no allegiance with the #3 dynasty. I'm just more of a Roush/Gibbs fan and thought Gordon's move was really classless -- as I thought Kenseth knocking Gordon at Bristol was not only surprising, but just a juvenile moment. It was wrong for him to do it.

I don't think we have heard that last of this whole Jeff vs Matt thing. Matt still didn't seem to happy with Jeff today in his pre race interview. Just wait till Bristol or if Matt really wants to get even wait till Richmond.

Won't happen.

Kenseth is the biggest wuss in Nascar.

Mean ol' Jeff.I guess he's the only guy out there being mean to Kenseth.

People seem to forget that Bush knocked Kenseth out of first place at Bristol,which is why Kenseth took his frustration out on Gordon.

Tell me,has Kenseth retaliated against Bush yet?Nope.Won't happen for the reason stated above.

Let's jump back to Daytona where Stewart almost chased Kenseth into the GRASS to wreck him.

Tell me,has Kenseth retaliated against Stewart yet?Nope.Won't happen,again for the reason stated above.

I hope by wuss, you mean bigger guy not to take out multi-million dollar cars into the wall.

Who said anything about putting someone into the wall?

I'll bet he won't have the balls to bump and run Gordon or Stewart when they're in front of him.

Maybe he'll shock me and do it.

But I doubt it.

I hope by wuss, you mean bigger guy not to take out multi-million dollar cars into the wall.

I'll bet he won't have the balls to bump and run Gordon or Stewart when they're in front of him.

But I doubt it.

Probably not. Only cowards will use cars to make a point rather than doing it out of their cars with their helmets off.

But I doubt it.

Probably not. Only cowards will use cars to make a point rather than doing it out of their cars with their helmets off.

So I guess every driver in NASCAR is a coward. They've all did it at some point.

No. Most drivers won't use their multi-million cars to relay a point.

I haven't seen Mark Martin, Jeff Burton, Carl Edwards, Dale Earnhardt Jr, Scott Riggs, Sterling Marlin, Greg Biffle, Matt Kenseth (god knows he's got the justification if he wants it), Bobby Labonte, Jeremy Mayfield, Ricky Rudd, Brian Vickers, Jamie McMurray (god he sucks), Travis Kvapil, Reed Sorenson (in Busch too), Casey Mears, Jimmie Johnson, etc.. use their cars for payback. At least none that I can remember. Sure some guys will wreck someone else, but that's usually followed by the stanard, "tell that guy's spotter, I'm sorry". Then they talk, make up, and go about their business.

Like I said, there's only a few that will use their cars to payback, wreck those that have wrecked them, and completely play chicken s**t after the race (run and hide).

Don't get me wrong, I still think that rivalry/cars smashing each other, is fun. But pointless. Those that don't address the wrecking each other, run into their motorcoach and leave a grudge for another race 20 weeks later, are cowards.

It'd be no different than the Bengals playing the Jets and two offensive linemen on the Bengals chop blocking Kimo in his knee and knocking him out for the rest of the year. If character were as important as we're preaching, we'd all hate to see that happen to compound the problem of character. But that would be payback and that would be bad, IMHO.

You've got to remember, payback and revenge is the way of the Dark Side.

I haven't seen Mark Martin, Jeff Burton, Carl Edwards, Dale Earnhardt Jr, Scott Riggs, Sterling Marlin, Greg Biffle, Matt Kenseth (god knows he's got the justification if he wants it), Bobby Labonte, Jeremy Mayfield, Ricky Rudd, Brian Vickers, Jamie McMurray (god he sucks), Travis Kvapil, Reed Sorenson (in Busch too), Casey Mears, Jimmie Johnson, etc.. use their cars for payback. At least none that I can remember. Sure some guys will wreck someone else, but that's usually followed by the stanard, "tell that guy's spotter, I'm sorry". Then they talk, make up, and go about their business.

Like I said, there's only a few that will use their cars to payback, wreck those that have wrecked them, and completely play chicken s**t after the race (run and hide).

Don't get me wrong, I still think that rivalry/cars smashing each other, is fun. But pointless. Those that don't address the wrecking each other, run into their motorcoach and leave a grudge for another race 20 weeks later, are cowards.

It'd be no different than the Bengals playing the Jets and two offensive linemen on the Bengals chop blocking Kimo in his knee and knocking him out for the rest of the year. If character were as important as we're preaching, we'd all hate to see that happen to compound the problem of character. But that would be payback and that would be bad, IMHO.

But after wincing during a television replay, Burton said, "Matt's a hard-nosed racer, and there'll be retribution for that, I'm sure."

Burton said if NASCAR isn't willing to issue rough driving penalties, it will be up to drivers to settle issues on the track.

"If NASCAR doesn't handle it, then we need to handle it," Burton said. "And that's OK."

Burton seems to think paybacks are fine.

If you look at every race that all the drivers you have listed, you will be able to find some type of "payback" the driver has issued. It may not be as big as a crash, but they have all done it. It's part of racing and always has been.

I still don't see how this is a coward issue. Dale Sr. coward? Petty coward?

But after wincing during a television replay, Burton said, "Matt's a hard-nosed racer, and there'll be retribution for that, I'm sure."

Burton said if NASCAR isn't willing to issue rough driving penalties, it will be up to drivers to settle issues on the track.

"If NASCAR doesn't handle it, then we need to handle it," Burton said. "And that's OK."

Burton seems to think paybacks are fine.

If you look at every race that all the drivers you have listed, you will be able to find some type of "payback" the driver has issued. It may not be as big as a crash, but they have all done it. It's part of racing and always has been.

I still don't see how this is a coward issue. Dale Sr. coward? Petty coward?

Ok, now you're just missing my point. All I said is drivers wrecking other drivers (yes, by that I mean CRASH!!), and NOT addressing the problem between the TWO OUTSIDE of their CARS is cowardly. And I maintain that.

The difference of Dale Sr. and Petty and NASCAR of TODAY is that the drivers these days don't fix these cars. Hell, most of them don't look at them until the weekend. Dale Sr. and Petty both worked on their cars and carried a different attitude when wrecked because they were also the one's that fixed their cars.

Very different. Apples and Oranges.

DW talks about it all the time when it comes to the young guns. He maintains the biggest reason there is no respect is because they don't spend one minute on these cars in the shop. Whereas DW, Dale Sr. and Petty would maintain relative calm in payback oppritunities because the risk of ripping their cars to shreads.

When was Burton interviewed - immediately after the race... aren't they best friends? And I'll bet Burton isn't a really good friends with Gordon. He's just sticking up for his boy, that's all. Burton knows he won't pay him back on the track. He's bigger than that.

I don't know about some of the other guys you mentioned but I know for a fact Matt Kenseth has used his car for payback. Last year at Loudon Jamie Mac got Matt a little mad and entering the next corner Matt dumped him. And I think it was at Pocono 2 years ago where Matt and Kevin Harvick got into it under caution and traded paint many times during that yellow flag. Alot of people think Matt is just some good guy who doesn't get into it with other guys but he isen't. He did get his first ever Busch win by dumping Tony Stewart.