Fox's latest Draft board

they updated that sight like 3 times today... they just did 5.0 this morning.. 6.0 this afternoon, and now 7.0.. talk about free time.

--I really like the idea of us getting Will Smith in round 1. A high character guy with great leadership abilities. He was the heart and soul of the Buckeye defense, and with a big dt in round 2, Cincy could put enormous pressure on qb's this season.

There are plenty of options at cornerback this year. and if Hall is gone at # 17. as are the d-lineman, then we should be able to trade down.

--There's like a hundred different things that could happen.

1. a run on quarterbacks,

2. d-lineman,

3. running backs,

4. o-lineman,

--Will Poole, Dunta Robinson,and Derrick Strait are legitimate corner options in the latter part of round 1., and Randy Starks is dropping on most boards, some feel he may drop all the way to the Second round ! So grabbing him late 1st is still an option.

We've got a little more than a month to find out.

The people over at Foxsports have way too much time on their hand, cause they have another mock draft up....This time they have Sean Taylor falling all the way to us....We should be so lucky.

WOW , I just saw that.... That is beyond assinine ! I know it's just a mock, but why would Tampa Bay let Taylor pass them, after just releasing Lynch..?

--

Udeze didn't have that great a workout, and W.Smith did..!

-- They still have Randy Starks high , when most boards have him falling down.

--You're right man, they do have too much time on their hands. -I know Taylor could be great, but I think I could package him to someone else and trade down a bit to pick up some extra picks.

Man, Im sorry, but one of our Safeties would have to sit if Taylor came to us.....but thats not gonna happen so theres nothing to worry about....Oh yeah, I guess they don't know that if Big Burger Ben is there, the Steelers WILL grab him, thats not even a question....I sincerly hope he's not, because thats the last thing I would want is Big Burger Ben and the Steelers WR's hooking up.... :(

I still want Gamble though....everyones talking blah blah this, one year that.....so the f**k what?

Its called a ROokie Season for a reason....CP and Weathersby didn't even play! Thats basically a redshirt year....I'd love to have Weathersby, and Gamble on the corners.....both of them are 6'1, theyre not gonna get s**tted on with jump balls and everything.....we'll just have to see I guess

I still want Gamble though....everyones talking blah blah this, one year that.....so the f**k what?

Its called a ROokie Season for a reason....CP and Weathersby didn't even play! Thats basically a redshirt year....I'd love to have Weathersby, and Gamble on the corners.....both of them are 6'1, theyre not gonna get s**tted on with jump balls and everything.....we'll just have to see I guess

But Gamble is at least 2 years away from being able to play, not one, put him out there and he's gonna get burned, and used....Out of all the first round corners he has the most chance to be a washout....

REALLY..... I'm very leery on Gamble. 1 year playing the position. He got turned and burned by Braylon Edwards and the Avant kid from Michigan on a regular basis. 1 int. is hardly worth mentioning the 150+ yards he gave up in coverage. He may not be 2 years away, but he's definitely a year away, which means for our cornerback situation, we need a senior that's ready to play or DeAngelo Hall.

Hall shouldn't be there at # 17.

Poole, and Strait will be, maybe even Robinson, but Poole and Strait can be had later in the first. # 17 is too high for them.

But Gamble is at least 2 years away from being able to play, not one, put him out there and he's gonna get burned, and used....Out of all the first round corners he has the most chance to be a washout....

Yeah, but even Newman was picked on last year too.....I mean, CB's are going to experience failure at a higher rate than the other players because theyre on islands, and their mistakes are magnified....if a blocker misses an assignment, then it possibly won't be noticed if the play is still executed....but a CB gives up a big yard play, I mean, everyone Clearly sees who f**ked up and got s**tted on....I mean, I say let him play nickel back....I mean, Dennis is basically going to starting from square one himself.....whew....this draft is gonna be a nail-biter....we're clearly divided on our priorities..at least in the 1st and 2nd rounds, as who we should draft....I mean, if Wilfork, Udeze or Harris or Hall were there, I'm all for it....but, I don't think Gamble is gonna be a washout; on the contrary I doubt he'll even be there for the pick....I think the Jets will get to him....so we might just get Hall after all....

Yeah, but even Newman was picked on last year too.....I mean, CB's are going to experience failure at a higher rate than the other players because theyre on islands, and their mistakes are magnified....if a blocker misses an assignment, then it possibly won't be noticed if the play is still executed....but a CB gives up a big yard play, I mean, everyone Clearly sees who f**ked up and got s**tted on....I mean, I say let him play nickel back....I mean, Dennis is basically going to starting from square one himself.....whew....this draft is gonna be a nail-biter....we're clearly divided on our priorities..at least in the 1st and 2nd rounds, as who we should draft....I mean, if Wilfork, Udeze or Harris or Hall were there, I'm all for it....but, I don't think Gamble is gonna be a washout; on the contrary I doubt he'll even be there for the pick....I think the Jets will get to him....so we might just get Hall after all....

Oh, any rookie corner is gonna get picked on no doubt about it, they deserve to be, but the problem with gamble, is that he will have more flaws to exploit. And yep, I agree with yo about the linemen...I still hope there will be a run on offensive talent and some of those d linemen fall to us....But if Hall is there you have to get him, but we should pass on Gamble if he's there.....Of course, you have an Ohio State bias, I've got a Virginia Tech bias....

Well i've got a d-lineman bias.... I've tried mapping out just about every possibility with trades, runs' on the defensive talent. The offensive talent, and very few times do all 4 (Udeze,Harris,Smith,Wilfork) not make it to # 17.

--I got to trust my gut..Even IF ,and I do say IF, we can't land a top d-lineman, or a top corner, (Hall,Robinson,) at # 17, then we should trade down , and build for later in the draft.

--The biggest mistake that Cincy' has made all of those years was not willing to take chances when necessary, and be patient when necessary. They've gone into their war rooms so "tunnel-vision" that they just pick a guy that's there etc. etc..

-- I was so happy last year watching the draft, and watching guys fall that we just picked up all the way until the Jeremi Johnson pick . I wanted Rien Long the dt from Washington st., but the Titans had grabbed him a few spots earlier,. But grabbing Weathersby first , made more sense.

---We'll see how it works out.. We should be able to grab a top DE, or DT in round 1, and then a De, or Dt in round 2. If not, take Grove , S.Jones,or a corner that drops. It's actually pretty simple.

Half the fun is not knowing. There always seems to be shockers in the first round. You never know who might fall to us. You can hardly argue with Lewis's picks last year so Im confident if anything juicy falls to us, Marvin will be all over it. Moving around in the draft doesnt seem to be an option with MB. Must be supersticious or something. Can just here him now, nope I dont care how many draft picks New Orleans is offering, I gotta stick with my man Akili. Bring on the draft, Im psyched! :)

One of those D-lineman will make it to # 17. As of right now, especially with the pro-days ending.. ,the private workouts of the skill position players will come back to the fore-front , and come draft day , you'll see your run on Wide-receivers,quarterbacks, and runningbacks. Clarett,Jones, M.Williams, Greg Jones and more will have seperate workouts schedule between now and April 16th. The goal is to be fresh in the minds of teams.

-- New England may have to trade up to get their Running back.

-- Cleveland may move up to get Gallery.

-- Roy Williams , may still go higher in the top 10 because of his workouts.

-- Granted , this is a pretty deep d-lineman mix this year, but there are fewer elite prospects. Teams like the Cowboys,Buccaneers,Texans, and Bills, have increased their d-line depth with key free agent signings. - As of Right now, the odds are more in our favor to Draft a D-lineman in round 1,as compared to a corner.