Roman a Packer

HoosierCat

Packers | Roman Signs - from www.KFFL.com

Mon, 22 Mar 2004 16:50:48 -0800

Len Pasquarelli, of ESPN.com, reports the Green Bay Packers and free agent FS Mark Roman (Bengals) have agreed to terms. Terms of the deal were not disclosed. Roman is expected to sign Tuesday, March 23.

According to the espn.com piece, Roman had offers from the pack, us, and another unidentified team. I wonder if it wasn't Roman who was stringing things out, waiting to see how things went in Cincy. Now, with all that's left on the FA market being safeties...and the Bengals already having signed one safety and making noises about Marion and Beckett but not him...I think he pulled the trigger on GB since he's most likely to stick there.

Yeah definitely told you so..., according to Sportsline, Cincy' remains the top suitor for Brock Marion.

Well, then, they had better get off their big, fat, ugly, stripey "B"'s and sign him, because the safety market just lit up today: Lynch, Roman, Tongue. If they dilly-dally, some team is likely to pull another Al Davis on 'em.

Yeah, Lynch is in Denver.. 3 years 9 million signed today despite him failing 2 physicals with other teams (neck).

See, it's things like that, that piss me off. If Shanahan had an ounce of decency in him he would have said thanks but no thanks for Lynchs own good...Man neck injuries are scary....Lynch is risking his life trying to play when he's not 100%...