Larry Fitzgerald & Phillip Rivers

It would appear that Larry Fitzgerald isn't as slow as once reported. Fitzgerald and his Pittsburgh teammates worked out today and Fitz' surprised a lot of scouts.

His official numbers are....Fitzgerald (6-3 1/8, 221) ran his 40s in 4.51 and 4.47. He added 20 strength reps, a 35-inch vertical, a 10-1 long jump, a 4.27 short shuttle and a 6.97 three-cone drill.

Interesting to note,is that Mike Williams will have to show off his wheels if is to go ahead of Fitz. Williams' workout is scheduled for April 8th.

Phillip Rivers worked out as well, and scouts were pleased to say how accurate of a passer he is. Rivers threw passes to teammate Jerricho Cotchery another player trying to make his mark in the heavily talented wr draft. Cotchery most likely will fall in round 3, or be an early Day 2 selection.

The only receiver that made my jaw drop this past college season was Pitts' Fitz. The boy catches everything he gets a mit on no matter what.

I swear I saw two pass interference calls in his favor negated by him making terrific catches IN ONE GAME. :blink:

In that same game Fitz made a catch over the middle and got wolloped twice in the air (one on the ball) and he came down with the ball. :blink:

If he by some miracle were available at #17, I might have to draft his amazingly talented ass. I'd then have to prescribe the wishy wyche philosophy: "just out-score 'em!" :)

Fitzgerald IMHO has the talent to be a great pro. B)

Disclaimer:

I did not watch but one or two usc games.

I'd then have to prescribe the wishy wyche philosophy: "just out-score 'em!" :)

That philosophy fell through for us in the Super Bowl, remember? Let's adopt a NEW philosophy for the NEW Bengals...Score us a s**tload of points and don't give them SQUAT!! My copyright on that one! :D

I'd then have to prescribe the wishy wyche philosophy: "just out-score 'em!"  :)

That philosophy fell through for us in the Super Bowl, remember? Let's adopt a NEW philosophy for the NEW Bengals...Score us a s**tload of points and don't give them SQUAT!! My copyright on that one! :D

Wyche at least took us there. Didn't he draft Sapp and Lynch for Tampa?

....But you're right Billy in that if the other team does not score then you cannot lose.

Wyche at least took us there. Didn't he draft Sapp and Lynch for Tampa?

Yep, Wyche drafted all the key players on the Tampa defense...But Dungy get's all the credit for it, and Gruden get's the ring for those two's hard work.

I know Larry Fitzgerald is good, I'm also equally amazed by some of the things Roy Williams can do. The key to all of this will be what happens when Mike Williams works out. If his times are similiar to Fitzs'... or at least if he runs anything in the 4.4's.. he'll probably go before LF.----Amazing body control, fealess over the middle, can outmuscle and out jump double teams. and has great hands. Big enough to catch one handed. The only suspect thing about him, is his route running,.He hardly had to set up defensive backs because he could either just out run them, or out jump them.