Food City 500

BengalszoneBilly

The birdy is smoking crack :P

I love Bristol.....They could race there 28 weeks of the 36 week schedule and I wouldn't complain....

Picks to win, Elliot Sadler, and damn it...Jeff Gordon...I feel dirty now.....

My brother's ("Wisk", who is a recent member here) family has a chance to win $100,000 dollars from a local radio station there in Cincy if they pick the first five finishers in order for the Bristol race Sunday. For that to happen, the race HAS to finish in this order:

Y96 the Star...Nascar contest finishing order:

#1- Kurt Busch

#2- Matt Kenseth

#3- Kasey Kahne

#4- Rusty Wallace

#5- Tony Stewart

If this DOES happen it's party time for the Broome family!! :lol:

My brother's ("Wisk", who is a recent member here) family has a chance to win $100,000 dollars from a local radio station there in Cincy if they pick the first five finishers in order for the Bristol race Sunday. For that to happen, the race HAS to finish in this order:

#1- Kurt Busch

#2- Matt Kenseth

#3- Kasey Kahne

#4- Rusty Wallace

#5- Tony Stewart

If this DOES happen it's party time for the Broome family!! :lol:

Damn. That some hard stuff to pick out, of course it looks like it could happen, but it's hard enough to pick the winner, much less the top five in order :ph34r:

Good luck

Damn. That some hard stuff to pick out, of course it looks like it could happen, but it's hard enough to pick the winner, much less the top five in order :ph34r:

Good luck

I think picking the top five finishers in ORDER in a Nascar race is about as likely as doing the same at your everyday horse race at Turfway Park in Florence Kentucky!!

#1- Kurt Busch

#2- Matt Kenseth

#3- Kasey Kahne

#4- Rusty Wallace

#5- Tony Stewart

If this DOES happen it's party time for the Broome family!!  :lol:

Good luck

Damn! Lap 60, and Kahne is wrecked by McMurray! That Dodge drivin' d**k! Not that we were close there, it's still a long race, but with Kahne out...so are we! Guess I'll be at work tomorrow morning! :rolleyes:

Well we DID pick the winner, and three of our picks did finish in the top 5. Man what a great race though! I honestly thought Rusty was gonna do it at the end, but he raced Kurt clean and wound up 2nd.

ALOT of hot tempers after the race. The Nascar trailer was I busy place after the race I reckon! :lol:

Oh...and what happened to Jeffy, semiotter? He was a total non factor as was the polesitter Ryan Newman. Ryans gonna be known for qualifying great and racing like s**t! :rolleyes:

ALOT of hot tempers after the race. The Nascar trailer was I busy place after the race I reckon! :lol:

Oh...and what happened to Jeffy, semiotter? He was a total non factor as was the polesitter Ryan Newman. Ryans gonna be known for qualifying great and racing like s**t! :rolleyes:

Hot tempers at Bristol? No way! :rolleyes:

I'm telling you, you just don't get better racing than the short tracks....Bristol, Richmond, and Martinsville....and all within a few hours of my old hometown....Damn it.

Anyway, Ryan Newman reminds me a lot of Loy Allen Jr...Fast on Fridays, slow on Sundays....

Didn't McMurray get his primary car confiscated?

Yes he did, for a template violation. They claim to have raced that car the way it is in several previous races with no problems, but I find that hard to believe. The templates that these cars must fit do not change without approval and strict scrutiny from Nascar. I feel that they just accidentally screwed up the car, because there really isn't any aero advantage to be gained at Bristol's 1/2 mile bullring.

Not so at next weeks race at Texas Motor Speedway. It would have been a substantial illegal advantage there. That why it just doesnt make sense. :blink:

Oh, and I glad you're starting to hate him too Josh. He's starting to look like a young spoiled brat that's throwing a tantrum because things aren't going a good for him as it had been. Look for him to take a few more spankin's from Nascar in the future!

Yes he did, for a template violation. They claim to have raced that car the way it is in several previous races with no problems, but I find that hard to believe. The templates that these cars must fit do not change without approval and strict scrutiny from Nascar. I feel that they just accidentally screwed up the car, because there really isn't any aero advantage to be gained at Bristol's 1/2 mile bullring.

Not so at next weeks race at Texas Motor Speedway. It would have been a substantial illegal advantage there. That why it just doesnt make sense. :blink:

Oh, and I glad you're starting to hate him too Josh. He's starting to look like a young spoiled brat that's throwing a tantrum because things aren't going a good for him as it had been. Look for him to take a few more spankin's from Nascar in the future!

This from sportingnews.com

Jamie McMurray qualified sixth last Friday, a career high at Bristol, after his primary short track car was confiscated. NASCAR took the car because the X measurement, which gauges the distance from corner to diagonal corner of the rear window to determine the offset of the decklid to the roof, was off by five-eighths of an inch.

Because Dodge cars have made several strong runs, NASCAR wanted to secure an Intrepid for its own research, garage sources say. Chad Knaus, crew chief for Jimmie Johnson (Chevrolet), is sick of being beaten by the Dodges. Despite Johnson's victory at Darlington, Knaus feels there's still plenty of work needed to get the Monte Carlos up to speed. ...

NASCAR has been known to turn a blind eye to cheating until an uproar, could this be what's happening?

As an aside....I really really can't stand McMurray....He is a disgrace to that paint job......

NASCAR has been known to turn a blind eye to cheating until an uproar, could this be what's happening?

As an aside....I really really can't stand McMurray....He is a disgrace to that paint job......

Well then how come his was the only Dodge team sited for the offense? You'd have thought Newman would have been using this advantage considering his sucess at qualifying. :blink:

Well then how come his was the only Dodge team sited for the offense? You'd have thought Newman would have been using this advantage considering his sucess at qualifying. :blink:

They could be sending a message....Newman doesn't need an advantage to qualify, he needs one on Sunday....Who knows? The one thing I don't like about NASCAR is how the "officiating" is done....It's never consistant, and some of the rules are very grey. But then that's not much different than in football when some players don't get the calls and others do...