Will Sapp go to Off-season workouts?

walzav29

I am all for Sapp coming to the Bengals. He will be the best DT that they have ever had. I just hope that he goes to the off-season workout. If he doesn't, than that would mean that Marvin is compromising his goals for the team. Get rid of guys like Dillon and have more guys like Rudi. You should not make exceptions for "stars". If Warren signs and then takes the team appoach by going to the offseason workout program, then LOOKOUT BABY!

I agree...I believe that he should be part of the workouts. First off it is a way to get to know his new teammates. Secondly he can begin setting a good example for the younger guys and begin to assume that leadership role that no one on defense wants to step up to. And lastly I think at his age it can only help to loose a few pounds. Look what it did for alot of guys last year. I just hope he plays with a chip on his shoulder to prove to people that he's still got it.

walzav29... this isn't a diss on you... but Rudi isn't going to be at the workouts on Monday either. It says on bengals.com that he already had planned a vacation with his family... but i do agree that Sapp needs to be at workouts monday. and if all goes well then i would assume he would because they would announce the signing at the "NEW UNI" press conference...

I'm doubtful that Sapp would be at any March workouts simply because he is too much of a recognizeable figure. He is a constant guess on NFL Network's Total -Access. Let alone all of the interviews that he would do with Espn, and such after joining the Bengals.

---Also, with his supposed' good interactions with Marvin Lewis, I'm sure ML would give him that lee-way .But I would expect to see him come any April and the May workouts.

The very fact that this question is posted and then gets a variety of responses is part of the reason for my reservations about Sapp. I've never heard of him missing out on camps etc., but I don't know what the Bucs regimen consisted of. Maybe they didn't have workouts to not show up for ????

Question remains tho that if Sapp comes in and embraces the team concept that Lewis is preaching then we will come out looking good. If he comes in and plays the prima dona, then the whole thing can blow up in our face quicker than you can say "TO and the Ravens. " Still can't dismiss the idea that he could go Winfield on us and take our offer and fly out to KC on the day we're waiting for him to sign here. Wouldn't that look great ????????????? :ph34r:

Still can't dismiss the idea that he could go Winfield on us and take our offer and fly out to KC on the day we're waiting for him to sign here. Wouldn't that look great ????????????? :ph34r:

Just had a feeling ..................

Bengals have got to start putting time limits on their offers to stop this crap from happening. Letting these agents string us along while they're telling everybody else what our offer was is just stupid on our part.

It oughtta be "here's the deal you got 24hrs and it's off the table".

Didn't really like the sob anyway. Him the raiders and that other asswipe that used to play for us all deserve each other. :angry::angry::angry: