HERE'S A NEW ONE !!!

ArmyBengal

Great link! It also has a bit about CD:

Anyone who witnessed the appearance this week of Cincinnati tailback Corey Dillon on Fox's The Best Damn Sports Show, saw a desperate man, saying some desperate things, in a desperate effort to get his sorry self traded. Preferably, as evidenced by his choice of a vintage Bo Jackson game jersey, to the Oakland Raiders. But while Dillon stopped just shy of fully inserting his boots into his pie hole, he might have cost himself some money, should Bengals officials press the issue. Here's why: When he signed his $25 million-plus contract with Cincinnati before the 2001 season, the deal included the controversial "loyalty clause" the Bengals were writing into contracts. The clause gives the franchise the right to attempt to recover all or a part of a signing bonus if a player makes publicly disparaging remarks about the club. While he ripped right offensive tackle Willie Anderson and tailback Rudi Johnson directly, Dillon skirted around taking team management to task, although he wasn't particularly flattering in discussing head coach Marvin Lewis. Discerning whether Dillon violated the terms of the "loyalty clause" likely is a matter of interpretation and one the Bengals, who would prefer to just trade Dillon and be rid of the headache he has become, probably won't pursue. But it is an issue that hangs out there and that the Bengals can use as leverage. As confirmed here last week, the Raiders continue to pursue Dillon but have not offered a third-round choice for him, as some media reports have indicated.

Wouldn't you know it? The one time I don't catch up on my reading first, I find that billybroome has bet me to it in another thread. My bad, billy... or maybe you're just good!

Edited by hottub

San Fran gives up a 3rd rounder..?? Kitna is all theirs.. :D

If it was 2005 I'd jump all over that but I think Carson can only benefit by having Kit around this season. However if it means clearing some cap room for someone that will be here for 2 or 3 years then I'd say do it.

BTW what spot does SF draft at in the third round?

If it was 2005 I'd jump all over that but I think Carson can only benefit by having Kit around this season. However if it means clearing some cap room for someone that will be here for 2 or 3 years then I'd say do it.

BTW what spot does SF draft at in the third round?

49ers draft have the 111th pick, two spots above us.....I'd take it for Kitna, even though I'd love to see him retire a Bengal....

Kevnz.. I think you had posted a week ago about us possibly getting a 3rd rounder as compensation for the lost Transition tag player Takeo Spikes. The NFL will announce the compensation picks next week, and I think you may be right.

I wrote Vic-Carucci of NFL.com after reading one of his pieces, and you might be right about us getting a bonus 3rd rounder.

The trade of Dillon, and the compensation pick would give us 5 first day picks... I would once again be a very happy man.

A trade for Kitna would just be dandy' as well, but not necessary, However IF his (re-worked) contract doesn't average about 2 mil. a year, then call Dillon to help Kit' pack his bags.!

that would be great for kit!!!! plus would give us more money to continue to sign some more impact players.

With Bobby Taylor's Agent saying he was close to a deal in Seattle and that Cincinati was no longer an option, Should we continue on defence (Marion, Beckett), or should we go offense (Eagles guard Bobby Williams) assuming we have enough space

The writing is on the wall for Kitna "No contract extension" We need the bucks for draft picks and free agents. Lewis has commited to Palmer, release the safety net. Let Palmer know he is the man with no turning back. This gives the man confidence and he doesnt have to keep looking over his shoulders every time he screws up. If we could get something for Kitna, awesome. Just given Lewis's tendencies, I cant see Kitna in stipes in 04. Life is great in Bengledom!! :lol:

yo, jungle fever. i think you're right on. lewis is pretty tight lipped. but if you think back to last years happenings, he kept quiet and boom, akil was gone. same thing here. i think kit is on his way out. as well as a couple more before draft day.

Marvin didn't exactly keep quiet about cutting Akili Smith last year. Before Camp had started, Marvin said, that having 2 first round quarterbacks wouldn't be good for either quarterback, nor the team. If that ain't spelling it out for a guy, then I don't know what is..plus, he couldn't even make it as a 3rd quarterback in Green Bay, just to show how sorry he was.