The View From Tampa

HoosierCat

A source close to the situation confirmed late Tuesday that Bengals officials discussed the offer with Coach Marvin Lewis and later submitted it to Sapp.

http://sports.tbo.com/sports/MGAFQF7VWRD.html

That is so not a Mikey thing though...Maybe Katie is the one that's calling the shots in the big office....

I dunno. The Bengals have made runs at big-name DTs before the Marvin era (Sam Adams, for example). And as I said elsewhere, it isn't a blockbuster offer...tho it is richer than Mikey's traditional lowball offerings. Don't get me wrong, if this is Mikey's move, I still think it's a good one. We need d-line help bad and if we sign a guy with a big name and a big mouth who will doubtless sell more tickets and make Mikey more money...hey, who am I to complain? :)

I dunno. The Bengals have made runs at big-name DTs before the Marvin era (Sam Adams, for example). And as I said elsewhere, it isn't a blockbuster offer...tho it is richer than Mikey's traditional lowball offerings. Don't get me wrong, if this is Mikey's move, I still think it's a good one. We need d-line help bad and if we sign a guy with a big name and a big mouth who will doubtless sell more tickets and make Mikey more money...hey, who am I to complain? :)

Yeah, but Sapp is so not a Mikey guy, he's a Marvin Guy....Never would I expect Brown to offer any money to Sapp, Maybe Marvin is helping Mikey change his ways